SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320RX Compact + Olight = ? Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320RX Compact + Olight = ? Holster Login/Join 
Picture of TrojanX4
posted
Decided to ditch my Veridian X5L laser light system because the 160 lumens pales in comparison to the new generation of lights and the Green Laser feels like an unnecessary redundancy when it's already equiped with a red dot system.

Changing systems means changing holsters, which is a bit of a pain if you want an Olight (I love the detachable mount system and I've heard nothing but great reviews on the PL1, PL2 and PL mini weapon lights).

I did find one good option:

BlackPoint Tactical Holsters

But, I prefer a IWB hybrid option like White Hat, Stealth Gear or Hidden Hybrid. None of them currently have an Olight option.

I would love your feedback on any IWB hybrid holster options for a P320 RX equipped with an Olight.

Thanks!

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Most of the reviews I've read DON'T seem to mention how well they hold up to recoil. They DO marvel at how bright it is (regarding the PL2 specifically), assuming that its internal circuitry won't cut it down to 600 lumens after a few seconds from 1200 to protect the internals from overheating, which seems to be a common theme with this particular model.

The one review I did find that talks about how a PL2 performed on his P229R during live fire concluded that the specific unit was a POS that couldn't tolerate 100rds of 124gr factory 9mm ball. Streamlight and Surefire aren't sounding quite so spendy any more given how likely they will NOT give you equivalent amounts of heartache.

I own a couple of Olight pocket flashlights. Both are very bright but neither seem particularly tough and rugged. Only one or two reviews I found that spit on their weaponlights, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy vibe. I'd say settle for a TLR-1 that has a proven track record in actual use and live fire, not gushing accounts from buyers who probably haven't run a solitary round with their Olight installed...or even before it was installed.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Excellent Feedback Soggy. What are your thoughts about Inforce weapon lights? That was my second choice, and it seems like a lot more holsters will accomodate them.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased the PL2 Olight on their 20% off deal. So far, I'm impressed with the overall quality, fit and function. And it is definitely BRIGHT.

When it warms up, I'll test the reliability with shooting.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
What are your thoughts about Inforce weapon lights?

Rogue has them on his AR's... that's good enough for me. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I sent a request to White Hat Holsters about the Olight option and here was their reponse:

Hi Mark. Thanks for checking in. We have just added the PL-2 Valkyrie and the PL-Mini to the Laser/Light Options list just this morning. So you will find those listed in the laser/light drop down selection now. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Thanks. Tony.

I have to say White Hat is on top of their game. I'm going to try out the Olight system with a White Hat Holster. I'll keep you guys in the loop on how it works out.

Happy New Year!

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
Excellent Feedback Soggy. What are your thoughts about Inforce weapon lights? That was my second choice, and it seems like a lot more holsters will accomodate them.

I bought an APLc for one of my G19s. Only 50rds of 115gr ball through the gun with it on the gun but it's still working and so far shows no signs of any parts breaking, so I'm hopeful. I've been on the hunt for a hybrid similar to the Stealth Gear Revolution I'm currently using, but has the capability of handling both the APLc and RMR on the gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I have one of the PL Mini Valkyrie lights on my EDC Glock 19. I carry it in a 5.11 holster shirt. So far, I have 400 rounds through the gun with the light on with no problems.

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post