SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Pocket Carry - round in chamber?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Pocket Carry - round in chamber? Login/Join 
Picture of slim4511
posted
For those of you that pocket carry the P365, what are your thoughts on whether or not to have a round in the chamber when carrying?

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim4511:
For those of you that pocket carry the P365, what are your thoughts on whether or not to have a round in the chamber when carrying?

Please tell me you pocket carry with a holster. Yes, round in the chamber.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slim4511
posted Hide Post
Yes absolutely in a holster.

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yes. Every carry gun, regardless of caliber, action, configuration, etc. should be chambered and in a proper holster.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim4511:

DeSantis pocket holster, no problem.

Why bother to carry the pistol if you're not going to chamber a round and be ready to fight?

A holster for pocket carry is a given; keep lint and junk out of the barrel and pistol. Keep it oriented and accessible. Protect the trigger. Break up the outline.

The P365 rides very nicely in a pocket holster. I wouldn't consider carrying the pistol without a round chambered. If you're uncomfortable with that concept, however, you might consider not carrying it at all, or carrying in another manner (inside the waistband, ankle carry, etc. You might also consider carrying for several weeks without a round in the chamber to gain some confidence in that mode of carry, before you chamber.

I have no hesitation to carry in the pocket with a round chambered.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, chambered and in a pocket holster. For pants that have a large enough pocket I use the desantis pocket holster. I highly recommend it.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Yes, I use a Kydex pocket holster and carry with a round in the chamber.

I've done this with many different pistols and it's never been an issue.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Here is a fairly good video demonstrating why one should carry with a round in the chamber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPiic-ELoM

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yes, round in the chamber of my 365, ( as well as every other pistol I would carry, ) and kept in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster.. daily.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I would never carry without a round in the chamber.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Carry = Round in the chamber, always.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't you carry w/o a round in the chamber?

However, I don't carry mine in the pocket. When carried it's in the same position on hip that I always carry.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would never carry without a round in the chamber.

In a pocket holster & NOTHING else in the pocket. I prefer a DeSantis pocket holster.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Stickey holster. They do stay put. And yes loaded ready to go!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you even consider carrying without a round in the chamber?

Sticky Holster makes the perfect pocket holster for the 365.

Posts: 12 | Location: Hilton Head, SC | Registered: January 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delong31
posted Hide Post
This isn’t like when you’re a kid; you don’t get to call timeout before you start playing the game. Round in the chamber.

Posts: 88 | Location: DFW | Registered: June 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
For those leary of carrying a 365 with a round in the chamber - which is the only way to carry a gun used for serious purpose - Sig says the model with a manual safety is coming in January 2019.......which probably translates to June of 2019. Wink

I think many here, on a gun enthusiasts board, would be amazed at the number of people who carry their striker fired, no manual safety guns without a round in the chamber. I know I was. I never knew just how many practice this until I worked at the local range.

We had two huge signs on the door and in the lobby asking that customers keep their guns holstered or in a case while in the lobby. So, I was disarming a few people everyday who either couldnt read or be bothered to follow simple instructions.

After relieving them of their unholstered or uncased gun I would clear them. Over 99% had loaded mags and nothing in the chamber. I was astonished at first. And when asked why they had an empty chamber I often was told "because it is dangerous to have a live round in the chamber!". I would politely explain to them that they would not have time during an unfortunate incident to rack the slide.

I dont think many......if any, believed me. Tradgedy waiting to happen. Folks who are too nervous to carry the semi auto of their choosing loaded with a round in the chamber, may want to consider getting a revolver instead. Or a semi auto with a manual safety. My 0.02 Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Is there some reason why you want to consider giving the bad guy even more of an advantage?

Chambered. And lots of practice and training with drawing from a good holster up to the task of keeping you and your gun safe when it's in your pocket. Anything less is akin to a death wish.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Chambered, always.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Chambered & carried in an Alabama Pocket Holster.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post