SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can't Keep up with the new Sub-Compacts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't Keep up with the new Sub-Compacts Login/Join 
posted
I am a Sig guy but bought a Glock 43. Now Sig brought out the 365. Now I wish I had waited. For those who have shot both, what is the diffrence between them?

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Florida. I am a Sig guy too. I will stick with my Glock 43. I wear a shoulder rig which holds three mags and one in the gun in the winter down here. I think i have the right amount of ammo with me.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
They are similar in size but the P365 is actually shorter. However, the biggest difference is capacity. The Glock 43 can carry 6+1 with standard mags or 7+1 and 8+1 with extended mags. The P365 can carry 10+1 with standard mags or 12+1 with extended mags.

I have both a Shield and Glock 43 as well and will likely be selling them.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m standing pat with my G43. It’s proven both reliable and accurate. If I feel the need for additional capacity, I have options with either the FNS 9c or Glock 27. Both have improved ergo’s over SC’s and can also make use from higher capacity Mags from the full size models.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I'll wait a year for the dust to clear re the intro of the 365: Sig's recent track record encourages the wait. Meanwhile my 43 has been flawless through 2000+ HP & FMJ rounds. 43 is EDC for me.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Have both and they are night and day. Sig feels much smaller, holds more and shoots nicer than the Glock.

Mine has been 100% reliable (except for a dead front sight). Sig replaced the sights and did the upgrades. It remains 100% reliable and has 550 rounds through it to date.

Ergonomics, size, capacity and shootability, nothing competes with the Sig

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
My next will be an HK VP9sk

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot both the, Glock and the P365. IMO there is no comparison. The Glock 9mm, for me, was punishing. The P365 recoil is much more managable. The difference in grip angles also make me favor the Sig.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:

Mine has been 100% reliable (except for a dead front sight). Sig replaced the sights and did the upgrades. It remains 100% reliable and has 550 rounds through it to date.

The 365 has 'upgrades' already? Confused

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:

The 365 has 'upgrades' already? Confused

Yes, this is the second release of the P365 because the first release had issues with failure to return to battery and peening issues. Sig fixed these issues and added X-Ray night sights.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
For the record mine was a first release and other than a dead night sight I had no issues. Sig did the upgrades \ improvements \ modifications or whatever else you want to call them to ensure the gun works properly.

Once returned my P365 continued to work flawlessly.

I plan on buying another one for back up once the excitement dies down.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 sure looks nice. I wish SIG well with it and wouldn't mind getting one but will wait until it's been tested a little longer before doing so. What the OP states is true: "Can't keep up with the new Sub-Compacts" So many good choices these days!

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I owned a G43 and couldn't shoot it worth a damn. Maybe I had a bad one, but I never warmed up to it.

I've only had the P365 for a few days (well I've owned it about a month but it went back to Sig for the RTB issues), and so far I'm in love with it. Shoots great groups, carries easy in my front pocket or in an IWB holster, and has been 100% reliable since it came back from Sig.

As far as size goes it's smaller than the Glock 43, I think it's close in size to the Glock 42.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post