SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are the rear sights on the Trijicon XR's still sharp?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are the rear sights on the Trijicon XR's still sharp? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Are the rear sights on the Trijicon HD XR sights still super sharp?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I believe so, terrible design feature for such great sights.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought several sets in the last month. They don't seem as sharp as they used to be. I pocket carry them, and haven't had any issues.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not as sharp as they used to be, but still sharper than most designs.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
When all else fail, use the sharpness as weapon. Maybe that was their thinking. Eek

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’ve got HD-XRs on a bunch of pistols and don’t consider them overly “sharp”. They are tall square and have square sides, but even though the edges aren’t beveled, they are dressed to not be rough machined razor blades.

I use Dara holsters for IWB and they have a high sweat shield which covers the slide next to your body. They also offer to have the rear sight covered to avoid contact with your skin.

Using the Dara is very comfortable for all day carry. But when I just tuck the Glocks in my waistband holsterless the rear sights aren’t a big problem. Every once in a while I notice it but it’s not super sharp like some of the Dawson sights I’ve had.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Have both. Still sharp to me.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
When all else fail, use the sharpness as weapon. Maybe that was their thinking. Eek

One handed slide rack off the perp's face Smile

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
A needle file and some cold blue will make quick work of that.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Trijicon HD's but like already mentioned the rear sight is sharp so I went a different route, it's a shame since I think they are one of the best out there.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post