SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 17 round mags
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 17 round mags Login/Join 
posted
I believe cdnn has x series mags @ $50 each. For anyone interested.... Cdnn mags

ETA: apparently not X series, as stated below, so just a 17 round mags with metal base pad. My apologies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic price for those mags.

ETA: On second look, they are not true X5/X6 mags. They appear to be the SIG/Mec-Gar 15-rounders with the +2 aluminum base to make them into 17-rounders. So, not the true X5 mags, which are 19-rounders (17+2).

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would they work in an X5 L1 first generation?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Not 100% sure on those....They don't look 'quite' like my X5 mags that came w/ my gun. Maybe SIG changed the mag specs for the X5 at some point, but I have a P226-X5-L1 and the mags that came w/ my Pistol are 'shiny' blued steel Mec-Gars (w/ a 'MEC-GAR' logo) & 5/10/17 round witness holes. Mine are stamped 'MG-SP226-17' and are not marked 'SIG SAUER' at all. They don't look like the pic on CDNN's product page.

Can we get some add'l X5 owners eyes on these for a definitive opinion/call on these? Wink

ETA: Sooo, I see '12131' ETA'd his post while I was typing, and I believe he's handled a few X5's. Wink

Just FYI - My solution for X5 Mags has been to combine a Mec-Gar 18 round AFC Mag P/N MGP22618AFC ($24.95 from Greg Cote) with a TRT Tactical X-Five Basepad ($29.00 from TRT)....Total Cost = $53.95 per mag. Cool

All that said, I bet these Mags from CDNN would work too!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjohn
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with what nhracecraft stated. My mags are exactly liked he stated. I have even bought more from the Sig Pro shop.

The difference is on the first view (at the store that we are not allowed to talk about) is that there is no writing along the right side of the mag before the mag folds at a 90 degree angle.

The second view states Sig Sauer and mine have the Mec Gar logo and Mec Gar name on them along with the MG SP226-17.

So they are different in appearance also as mine are highly polish dark blue.

The second view at the unnamed store

Posts: 1465 | Location: Sandbox City VA | Registered: September 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mistake. Don't have any of the genuine article to compare to, but have heard on here they usually command a premium. Figured I'd post these as an FYI. I will amend my title....

Also, is CDNN not a well regarded dealer? Bought a couple guns & several accessories from them. Always happy enough with what I got, though item descriptions are a bit "loose."

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The original X5 19 round mags were Mec-Gar 17 round mags, with anti-friction coating and flat metal base plates. SIG added the silver +2 baseplates. Mec-Gar no longer produces the 17 round P226 mags, as far as I know...

The mags offered by CDNN look pretty good, they just hold two less rounds.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give us about 2-3 weeks and we will have 19rd 226 9mm X5 magazines available for a MSRP of $64.95.

10rd versions will be available later for post-ban states.

Posts: 9 | Registered: June 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MecGar:
Give us about 2-3 weeks and we will have 19rd 226 9mm X5 magazines available for a MSRP of $64.95.

10rd versions will be available later for post-ban states.

Outstanding! Thank you.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI: We tried for 20 rounds but it wouldn't fit into the competition boxes we had.

Posts: 9 | Registered: June 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MecGar:
Give us about 2-3 weeks and we will have 19rd 226 9mm X5 magazines available for a MSRP of $64.95

Wooooh. That was quick. Good on Wolfe for posting. I’m all over more X5 mags.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
CDNN is sold out already

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Not X-series, but they have the Mecgar 17-rd 9mm 226 mags with the padded baseplate for $16.99 right now.
9mm P226 17-rd

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind the non-factory look, I use the MecGar 20 round mags in USPSA with great success. A little hobby knife trim to the plastic + 2 and you are good to go for $32.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
Not X-series, but they have the Mecgar 17-rd 9mm 226 mags with the padded baseplate for $16.99 right now.
9mm P226 17-rd

Actually, those also are the "factory" mags that come with the P226 X-guns (like the Allround, Entry / XPress) that don't have the aluminum jet funnel. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a couple with the padded base. Will see what they are like when I get them in. Likely will replace bases with Bretta 92 plates as I like that look better.

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Bought a couple with the padded base. Will see what they are like when I get them in. Likely will replace bases with Bretta 92 plates as I like that look better.

I’d like to see what that looks like. Could you post pix when you get it done?

posted Hide Post
If a cell pic will suffice, I will try. While I like lots of tech, the nerd in me still despises having my picture taken and thus own no camera other than the one included on phone.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg shows the new MecGar real x-5 ones in stock (or at least did when I ordered mine tonight).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post