SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fitting needed for 226 threaded barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitting needed for 226 threaded barrel Login/Join 
posted
Does it require fitting to install a newer 226 threaded barrel onto an older w german 226? Thanks.

Posts: 66 | Registered: February 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Liddlebit:
Does it require fitting to install a newer 226 threaded barrel onto an older w german 226? Thanks.

Never know until you try. Most factory replacement barrels are real drop-in. But, "some may require minor fitting", and that is always the disclaimer.

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought and installed 4 different threaded barrels and installed them on 4 different 226s, some used some new guns and barrels. They all dropped right in.

In a couple cases, actually tightened up the action and my groups.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do some research into whatever brand you are going to buy. Most drop in but there might be some that don't. If there is any question, buying a Sig barrel might be your best option.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Over the years, I have purchased 2 SIG Factory threaded barrels to add to pistols I already owned. One was a P226, the other was a P239.

Both dropped in and functioned properly with no fitting

While they share a suppressor, both have had over 1000 flawless rounds of ammunition through the threaded barrels

The only Factory threaded barrel that I can imaging NEEDS fitting would be one for the P226 X-5.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
The SIG factory threaded barrels for my P228 and my P220 both dropped in.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SIG branded threaded barrel dropped right into my W. German P226. The Bar-Sto stainless threaded barrel dropped right into my P226 Stainless but on my P220ST the barrel did not (SIG barrel also) so it went to SIG for fitment...Cost $65.00 plus shipping but was worth it to me because they also test fired three different ammo’s in it before returning it to me...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most Sig manufactured barrels will drop right in on any gun but the X5's. The only one's I have to fit by hand have been Bar-sto 9mm conversion barrels, specifically for a German P229s. They are labeled as such but it's more, minor to medium fitting required than "may be" required.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only ordered one threaded barrel in the past and it was a factory barrel. I wanted something that would be easy to put in and have no issues. If you get a barrel, I would spend the extra dollars and get a quality one. It is worth the few extra $$ compared to having to get it fitted.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post