SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 610 Revolver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 610 Revolver Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
This was on my 'Holy Grail' list for years, finally snagged on from a guy one the S&W forum about 5 years ago for around $1200, no box or papers, but it is an original without the silly, totally unnecessary lock. Grab it, you'll love it!

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I like the idea, it is built on the N-frame (4"@ 42.5oz) and seems to weigh the same or more than the many configurations in .44. I prefer my 629 Mountain 4" @ 39.5oz with a wider power range. I can see the benefit only if you are trying to limit yourself to ONE magnum caliber or in this case its just too cheap to pass up. The .44's are easily available for the $750 price point.

Posts: 30 | Registered: November 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jazzsax8:
While I like the idea, it is built on the N-frame (4"@ 42.5oz) and seems to weigh the same or more than the many configurations in .44. I prefer my 629 Mountain 4" @ 39.5oz with a wider power range. I can see the benefit only if you are trying to limit yourself to ONE magnum caliber or in this case its just too cheap to pass up. The .44's are easily available for the $750 price point.

I like that you can get lots of factory load cheap .40 fmj for it or factory loaded JHP, or move way up in the powerband and use it for hunting with 10mm magnum.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy

Good take on using .40 fmj for cheap shooting and I had not thought of that. You make a great case for someone that does not handload to get from light target to hunting with flexibility. While the .44 costs a little more on the light end, its not much more than 10mm in the quality hunting rounds. The big difference is the $750 upfront savings you get by staying away from a collectible pistol that has less flexibility than a .44mag shooting .44 specials to stuff with twice the energy (1500ft lbs Underwood) vs. 10mm if you need it. If the 610 was built 6 rounds on the L or even K frame with a 34-36oz weight I could more easily see a reason for it.

Now in the case of this topic asking if he should purchase the 610 for $750, the answer is YES and I would take 1000 of them at this price point and become a profit taking dealer! But in no way would it upscale my lighter Mountain Gun. If you handload most of these arguments regarding ammo cost savings between the two calibers are a moot point.

I already shoot the Glock 29 & 20 in 10mm and would not need or want a 610.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jazzsax8,

Posts: 30 | Registered: November 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Nice snag. I have a 610 6".

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
Great find! Never sell it, either.

I had a 6" model I bought new in 1992. I sold it a few years later when I was low on funds. I have regretted doing that. If I ever find one for sale, I'm buying it (unless the price is ridiculous).

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post