SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 610 Revolver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 610 Revolver Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted
A friend is selling me a S&W 610 3.875 barrel Revolver with box and paper LNIB for $750.00, is it a good deal?

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
JUMP AT IT!!!!! Especially if it is pre-lock. One of the guns that I really regret having to sell.

Shoots 10mm or .40 S&W.

Go for it!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get it - get it quick.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Pre-lock
I guess I'll get it tomorrow then, I did do some research but wanted to hear from here. "Rolan" I respect your input, thanks

― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
For reference, my 610 with a lock went for $1675 on GB a few years ago.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
A friend is selling me a S&W 610 3.875 barrel Revolver with box and paper LNIB for $750.00, is it a good deal?
It makes no difference if it has a lock or not, you made a GREAT deal. If you decide you are unhappy wit your deal, I will gladly give you all your money back and then some. That is a barrel length I do not yet own.

The Model 610 and it's lightweight brother the Model 310 are fantastic revolvers. Most of us that own and shoot them, are not willing to sell them

These fine firearms have been offered in barrel lengths from 2 1/2" through 6 1/2"

As shipped from the factory the chambers are cut for 10MM Auto.

Since moon clipped revolvers fireing rimless cartridges head-space on the clip instead of the case mouth, as Rolan_Kraps has already pointed out the firearm can also be used to fire 40S&W.

The great thing for hand loaders is that the chambers can be lengthened so the revolver will also fire 10MM Magnum. This can yield an additional 200-400 FPS over the 10MM Auto cartridge.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Ya'll are gettin' me to want one.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
10mm Mag!?!?!?! Are you kidding?

WANT!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:
10mm Mag!?!?!?! Are you kidding?

WANT!

My thoughts exactly. That looks like a nasty little mofo.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! I've seen them at twice the price

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to post some pictures, the wood grips are for a K frame but they were free.

― Ted Nugent

posted Hide Post
Great score. It is a 4" barrel, you measure from the forcing cone. Not busting chops just pointing out since some states have a 4" min barrel length to hunt with one, this one makes the cut.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Great score. It is a 4" barrel, you measure from the forcing cone. Not busting chops just pointing out since some states have a 4" min barrel length to hunt with one, this one makes the cut.

Smith has several guns with 3.875" barrel lengths - the 610 is one of them. The 646 is another. Even with barrels termed 4" there may be a + or - variance of .125".

If the OP had been measuring from the frame he would have stated more like 3.125".

3.875" it is, so a no go in states that prohibit <4" barrels.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wanted to post some pictures, the wood grips are for a K frame but they were free.

NO, No, no . . . . Take them off PLEASE. Find a K-frame for them or sell them to fund new grips. DO Not shoot the 610 this way. There are so many better grip choices.

The grips the factory supplied on the 3" 610 would go very nicely. They were made by Altomonte and are quite reasonably priced

However, my personal favorites are the old factory round butt combat grips that I have on my 5". The trouble is that these are commanding very high prices in today's market.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
It is a 3.875 barrel.

The grips were for the picture, I've already ordered some from Altamont.

― Ted Nugent

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Perfect configuration! Enjoy also shooting 40 SW through it Wink
quote:
It is a 3.875 barrel.

The grips were for the picture, I've already ordered some from Altamont.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can't wait for the 500 round report

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got a hell of a deal on that. AND, a ton of versatility between .40, 10mm and magnum..... It's a beautiful gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Great score!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A smith and wesson 610 is on my want list.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post