SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The year is 1983. Pick a pistol.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The year is 1983. Pick a pistol. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
At that time I had a 70's Satin Combat Commander, chambered for the .45 acp.

It had a Wilson trigger, Bar-Sto fitted barrel, MMC adjustable sights, Wilson FLGR, Pachmayr wrap around grips and a Wilson flat main spring housing.

It would feed empty cases.

It worked pretty well in 1983.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
One of those ceramic Glock 9 pistols sounded good. Too bad it cost more than what I could make in a month. Frown

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Back I owned a BHP and S&W 39, either one was a good carry/duty handgun. The BHP does feel very nice in the hand plus HiCap. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 75 if I could get one in the US (possible but difficult). Otherwise, a FN High Power.

Posts: 2006 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 ACP in the Sig P220....

or HK P9S, also in 45!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sig 220 or BDA .45.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt 1911 45acp

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
As previously mentioned, no 1911s allowed. Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BHP or S&W 586

Posts: 91 | Location: Dallas \ Ft Worth | Registered: September 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I guess my choice of the Glock 17 is off the table, despite the fact that I was only 1 years old in 1983. Eek

Guess I will go with the P220, which is also my first handgun.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Looking at the OP's post, I don't see any restrictions except no 1911s.

The year is the restriction...

It's hypothetically 1983. The Glock 17 wasn't available in the US until 1986. Even for LEOs.

So unless we're talking some black market gun-smuggling backroom deals with Gaston himself here, or perhaps a Mission: Impossible-style break-in to an Austrian Army armory (say that 3x fast) to steal some for your team, it ain't gonna happen in 1983. Big Grin

Well, it might've been easier if you had your own banana republic in 1983 where you could've in theory called up ol' Gaston and asked for a few samples of that interesting plastic gun and given him a song and dance about the pressing need for equipping the ol' Army of the Junta with new sidearms...in theory. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
SIG P210-2

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My immediate thought is to go large caliber. So I'd start with .45 or .357. You said 4-man unit, but not what they actually do. More specifically, is the pistol their primary?

If the pistol isn't primary, say they have MP5s, I'm probably matching the 9mm. If it's some super spy wetwork team I want to be able to suppress. That takes the P7 out, with its gas delay system I think the extra pressure wouldn't work well. So I'd probably go P226.

If it's just a beat cop thing, I'd consider a wheel gun in .357. But if they were more likely to actually pull and use their pistol, I'd want more capacity and easier loading. So I'd think hard on the P220 in .45.

If we're exepecting big shootouts, I might trade the caliber for capacity and we're back to the P226. I'd consider the Beretta, but I didn't like the 96 a lot. The BHP took only 13 rounds, so I'd stick with the P226 most likely.

Most are probably rolling their eyes that I'm overthinking it. In short, .45 P220 if capacity isn't a concern, P226 if it is.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's hypothetically 1983. The Glock 17 wasn't available in the US until 1986. Even for LEOs.

So unless we're talking some black market gun-smuggling backroom deals with Gaston himself here, or perhaps a Mission: Impossible-style break-in to an Austrian Army armory (say that 3x fast) to steal some for your team, it ain't gonna happen in 1983. Big Grin

The Austrian Army evaluated the Glock as part of the Army Pistol 80 trials and adopted it in 1982. The OP didn't specify a location, nationality, organization or anything else. So you are adding in your own rules. The Glocks were in production in 1983, they delivered 3,000 to the Austrian Army that year. If the OP said domestic US or LE you would be correct, but he didn't.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
P228

Introduced in 1988.

(But I guess since the OP didn't specifically state that you don't have a time machine... Big Grin)

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
One of those ceramic Glock 9 pistols sounded good. Too bad it cost more than what I could make in a month. Frown

I like the original Glock 7, but I know some people liked the the 9

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Probably a HK P7. Nickel / Chrome, of course.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Austrian Army evaluated the Glock as part of the Army Pistol 80 trials and adopted it in 1982. The OP didn't specify a location, nationality, organization or anything else. So you are adding in your own rules. The Glocks were in production in 1983, they delivered 3,000 to the Austrian Army that year. If the OP said domestic US or LE you would be correct, but he didn't.

You're right, Jones didn't specify nationality so I guess if you want to pretend you're an Austrian handing out pistols in an armory room, you can do that lol. I can't find anything anywhere about Glock making pistols for anyone but the Austrian armed forces that year, unless you have better info. Outside that, you're talking anachronism, which kinda kills the game since there's the whole date constraint.

Posts: 17043 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P7 without a doubt. Hell, I'd still carry mine if HK still made them.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post