SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The year is 1983. Pick a pistol.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The year is 1983. Pick a pistol. Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would have to go with a Browning Hi-Power.

Why do you guys want a Bren 10? They never worked reliably because of the crap magazines (if you could even get magazines for them).

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
210 or Python (if it was available then).

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buggsboy:
210 or Python (if it was available then).

Python was available from 1955 to 2005-ish.

I don't know that I'd want 4 men with revolvers as side arms in 1983. Even with .357mag rounds.

And, depending on what the team was doing- the Python was something that would stand out as being North American.

IF I wanted .357mag for a sidearm, and I wanted plausible deniability for nationality, I would probably lean toward the Manurhin MR73 .357mag revolver.

Read up: wikipedia article on Manurhin MR73

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
HK P7

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Surprised no one mentioned Glock 17. Wasn't it in production in 1982?

I did on the first page.

I guess he didn't really read the thread huh?

I usually read the first page at least ... but that's more of a guideline than an actual rule.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
That's easy....S&W 459

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4191 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Colt 45 Gold Cup

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
P7

What did they cost in 1983?
What is their current value?

My guess is it would be the one pistol available in 1983 that has gained the most value to present, excluding NFA items.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well around 1990 an HK PSP ran around 900-950 bucks so around $1800 today. Not sure what they ran in the early eighties but they were never inexpensive guns and guns in general are cheaper today then ever as a percentage of income.

I still think the P7 is a Great choice.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased my first HK P7M8 (Chantilly) in 1984 new in box in the Galleria here in Houston for 525.00 plus tax.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K VP70. Not that it was a great pistol in hindsight, crossbolt safety, HEAVY trigger pull, but through the eyes of a 15 year old in 1983 it was like something out of Star Wars. Polymer frame, 18 round capacity and stock that allowed for 3 round bust. I'd still like to have one today.

P220, P6, P226, P245, SP2022 9mm, SP2022 40s&w, P250c 9MM

Posts: 90 | Location: Lynden WA | Registered: January 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest I had a Beretta 92 back then, but if I would have been smarter, I would have bought about a dozen Pythons.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post