SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The year is 1983. Pick a pistol.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The year is 1983. Pick a pistol. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The year is 1983. And you are tasked with picking a reliable semi-automatic pistol to outfit your four man unit. The 1911 is off the table.

What do you chose? Smile

BHP all day long.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Surprised no one mentioned Glock 17. Wasn't it in production in 1982?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uniform-P226, otherwise P228 (I think it was in production???)

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
otherwise P228 (I think it was in production???)

Not until 1988.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever I picked in 1983, it would have been replaced in 1984 after I saw Sonny Crocket's Bren Ten.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 83

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Surprised no one mentioned Glock 17. Wasn't it in production in 1982?

I did on the first page.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spieler:
HK P9S

This, in 9mm please.

I still want one.

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
And you would have had the baddest single shot out there.

IIRC D&D couldn’t reliably get magazines for the Bren. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
BHP

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
And you would have had the baddest single shot out there.

IIRC D&D couldn’t reliably get magazines for the Bren. Smile

Yep. There was such a bottleneck in magazine supply that they resorted to shipping Bren Tens with no magazine, just an IOU for a magazine in the box.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 39 or maybe the 59.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I’d visit Austria and find some dude working on plastic rods and knives and see if he would like to partner with me to make a plastic pistol.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Makarov.

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1983 and 1983 ammo. A Colt 1911 for sure.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92FS

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High power. The handgun of choice for the trans-national armed professional of the early 80s.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I’d visit Austria and find some dude working on plastic rods and knives and see if he would like to partner with me to make a plastic pistol.

And Gaston would say: "Why would I need to partner with you? I already designed the Glock 17 two years ago (1981) and it entered production last year (1982)..."

Wink

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Browning High Power

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
CZ 75 ....... Glock 17.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post