SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Grandfather's Oddball Colt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Grandfather's Oddball Colt Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Smile

Yes, it's real.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice Kongsberg M1914.

Although it's not a Colt... These were produced from 1916-1948 at Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk in Norway, under a license from FN who held production license rights to Browning's pistols in Europe.

This particular one is actually one of the pistols produced under German occupation between 1940-1945, for use by the German military. The serial number puts it at 1941 production.

War trophy from your grandfather's WW2 service? Or just a cool find he picked up on the secondary market?

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
No kidding. I posted about these maybe 5 or 6 months back. Cool, 8 months back and its still there.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
War trophy from your grandfather's WW2 service? Or just a cool find he picked up on the secondary market?

Yes. He got it from a POW.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

These M1914s are fairly uncommon and valuable these days, routinely selling for $2000-$4000+ on the collectors' market. The even less common later occupation production ones, once the Germans started marking them with actual German waffenamt acceptance marks in early 1945, go for twice that.

Here's a good overview of the model's history:

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
How did I know Rogue would get it.......

Always a pleasure

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, my gosh! You mean guys who actually fought in the trenches didn't lose fine-motor skills and had to fan their slide when reloading, the way you'd fan your crotch if it was on fire?! Big Grin

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Always wondered why a slide lock of that style never made the aftermarket rounds.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nice m1914! Did you ever fire it?

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yes, my grandfather fired it.

Last time was 1968, it hasn't been shot since.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
My Dad also brought a Norwegian Colt home from WWII...
He said he took it from a “DP”.
I have it, and the bring back paper hand typed in France, allowing him to bring it home. His was made in 1929.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I was unaware of these until today.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post