SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 grip module magazine problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 grip module magazine problems Login/Join 
posted
Hey all,

Just got a new full size X5 grip with the magwell, but none of my 17 rounders will lock in when I try to insert the mags. I though I had the correct gen mag. Do I need the 21 rounders due to the magwell? Hoping someone might have a suggestion.

Regards,
Mike

Posts: 36 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: December 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do I need the 21 rounders due to the magwell?

Yes, unless you remove the magwell.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike - Read through this previous thread. Should answer you questions and provide a little extra detail Sir as to what you will need....I am in the same situation...Mark

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7170030344

And here is a short thread with a couple of photos for further clarification.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1060032444

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
As described in the other thread linked above, you will need to remove the floor plates from the old 17 round mags, cut off the side tabs, and reinstall them. I followed this advice and it works like a charm.

No one seems to have the new-style floor plates in stock, but if you can find some, that’s also a good solution.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, unless you remove the magwell.

The photo R6721 shows has the new style floorplate.
17rd mags with the new style baseplate will NOT ever fit in the X5 with the magwell. You must have 21rd mags with the rectangular retainer.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Canadian P320 X5's ship with 17rd mags instead of 21; a couple pics, they just about sit flush with the botton of the magwell:

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for all the excellent info. I was thinking I was about to due some 21 rd shopping until I saw Newfs' post.

Newf, just to double check your setup. Is that the
Springer Preciscion EZ + .375" Base Plates you're
running on 17 rd. mags? If so, does that allow their use instead of having to buy the 21 rdrs?
Hoping to just have to "buy once cry once"

Thanks again all.

Posts: 36 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: December 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R6721:
Thanks everyone for all the excellent info. I was thinking I was about to due some 21 rd shopping until I saw Newfs' post.

Newf, just to double check your setup. Is that the
Springer Preciscion EZ + .375" Base Plates you're
running on 17 rd. mags? If so, does that allow their use instead of having to buy the 21 rdrs?
Hoping to just have to "buy once cry once"

Thanks again all.

These are SP, but ship from Sig as standard issue up here - base pad measures at .425", I did a quick check on Springer's site and don't see these particular ones listed. Unfortunately, there's no part number on mine I can refer you too, but another pic of the inside of the plate if that's any help.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
My X Five grip doesn’t have the magwell. That may be why the mags fit.

I have no use for the magwell. Some people like em. YMMV

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post