SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210A Super Target news?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210A Super Target news? Login/Join 
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted
I was hoping some news of SIG's 6" offering might come out of SHOT. Thus far I've found none.

Anyone, anything?

Daniel

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I had my eyes peeled for it, they didn't have it at the show, or the compact.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I had my eyes peeled for it, they didn't have it at the show, or the compact.

Well, that's dumb. Doesn't sound good.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Like, bummer man.

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I was waiting to see a 210 compact too at SHOT 2018. Maybe in the next five years Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
I spoke with one of the product managers at the kiosk. I’m going to paraphrase. Engineering and production work continues on both the super target and the carry. Internal debate as to which comes to market first. He did not say when. There is a plan for a Legion model. Jokingly I asked about an RX model, reply was something like the engineers heads would explode.

Also stopped by Houge. As an OEM supplier to SIG other grip styles will come via SIG, no Nills style grip planned.

Perhaps now with the P210A in production and available it just does not attract the buzz of say the 365, until and if the other models go into production.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Translation, expect nothing new to come out in 2018.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I asked some Regional Sales guy...As previously stated... "NO Plans for the six inch".

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^ Translation, expect nothing new to come out in 2018.

While I could not get a model or release date, my take was something will be out this year.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It all depends on how well the P210A sells. It's a niche product at a relatively high price. Until it sells enough to justify a 6" or 4" carry, don't expect to see them anytime soon.

A 6" P210 is something that has already been done in the past, and has merit for target use. A 4" carry version may be a hard sell, although compact commander/officer size 9mm 1911's are made by various companies and seem to have enough sales to keep them in production.

As a lefty, I would like an ambi-safety option. I'd also like some slimmer grips.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I would like an English translated P210 book, being a gun book collector and all.

I am glad I grabbed a P210a in January, I will no longer lose sleep that I could have obtained a P210a Super T if I waited a little longer.
I always get burned when I wait on SIG (Sig X5, Legend, 553p)

Still need to get it to the range!

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of og556
posted Hide Post
I’d love to see the carry model. I’m wondering if it will be a single stack. I was so happy to see Sig bring back the p210.

Posts: 646 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like an English translated P210 book, being a gun book collector and all.

I am glad I grabbed a P210a in January, I will no longer lose sleep that I could have obtained a P210a Super T if I waited a little longer.

Damn, I keep visiting one at local gun store. I hope I get my permission slip before they are all gone. NJ sucks monkey ...

Feels great in the hand, I'd love to hear about your first range session with itSmile

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
quote:

Damn, I keep visiting one at local gun store. I hope I get my permission slip before they are all gone. NJ sucks monkey ...

Feels great in the hand, I'd love to hear about your first range session with itSmile

I haven't heard anyone who has the P210A and does not likes it.
Here is the range report on the P210A against the Swiss and the German P210s, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4320043434
And, here is the P210A at 1000 rounds, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7480090534

Q