SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finished my first AR pistol build...RANGE REPORT :-)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished my first AR pistol build...RANGE REPORT :-) Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
UPS guy delivered the 10.5" upper from PSA I ordered last week...I installed it on the lower I finished a little awhile back using the LAW folding stock adapter...added a pistol buffer tube and SIG pistol brace I bought on the cheap...folded length is a little more than 21"...I've got a Vortex SPARC from PSA on the way later this week...

I am pleased with this upper...Anchor Harvey forge marked upper, BCG is nitride coated, bolt is marked MPI, the full float M-Lok PSA handguard feels good with a great finish, Magpul BUS, KAK muzzle device...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Law adapter makes a lot of sense on an AR pistol. Until recently, I hadn't considered building an AR pistol, but these days, the idea makes more sense to me.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Law adapter makes a lot of sense on an AR pistol. Until recently, I hadn't considered building an AR pistol, but these days, the idea makes more sense to me.

That thing is slicker than a minnow...I just couldn't buy one at the regular price of $270 (being a cheap 'ol bastard and all)...but when Brownell's had them on sale for $199 and I had that $20 off coupon...I couldn't resist (being weak and all Big Grin)...seriously, it's a neat thing...

It fits in this non-gun looking blue color 30" UGI case with room to spare...

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Can't wait to hear how that muzzle device works. I have the same on a SPA upper pistol setup. I'm in a delay finishing mine due to a Cerakoting mishap followed by being out of town. How soon till you range that dood?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
How soon till you range that dood?

Hopefully in the morning Smile...I'll post a "review" Cool

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
with the latest change from the ATF, i figured i would build a few. Both will get Law Tactical treatment once i am done. I have one already sitting by ready to be installed.

Here is one about 90%

Here is the upper that is going on the next one.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's my 10.5" 5.56 pistol with the Shockwave arm brace made from PSA parts. So far it's been 100% and is a pleasure to ring steel out to 200 yards with.
+1 on the UGI bag. Cool

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little heads up here DSG just put their 11.5 upper with BCG and BCM charging handle on sale for 459.00

https://dsgarms.com/kt-dsg-430...com&utm_medium=email

sorry wrong link

here is the link for 11.5, you have to sign in to see price

https://dsgarms.com/kt-dsg-4303-0012-mod3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gundawg,

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sweet! Can't wait to hear how that muzzle device works. I have the same on a SPA upper pistol setup. I'm in a delay finishing mine due to a Cerakoting mishap followed by being out of town. How soon till you range that dood?

Went to my range this afternoon...the pistol shot well. The only thing I can say is that with the Magpul BUS I finally realize how bad my eyes are Eek...not quite "minute of washtub" bad, but bad Wink...

Things got way better after I mounted the Vortex red dot that came this morning (with 10 P-mags) and got it sighted in...kept two magazines on a 12" gong at 50 yards off hand taking my time...

The upper was flawless through 120 rounds of various Wolf steel case, American Eagle and Fiocchi 55 grain stuff...

It wasn't as loud as I was expecting for a short barreled .223...so to answer Tommydogg's question about the KAK muzzle device...it seemed to work great to push the sound forward I am assuming.

The Sig brace did walk about an inch inward over the course of shooting...but not a really big issue. It was pretty comfortable spreading the recoil out on your...cheek Cool...I might look into one of the KEK Shock Wave Blade pistol braces that are lighter and lock down in the future (I'm about AR poor right now)...

I had a good productive afternoon Smile

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
Odoin works makes a very nice accessory to help with that sig brace in particular.

look up some reviews, and you will see if it can work for you do to the diameter of your pistol tube.

https://www.odinworks.com/prod.../acc-sbpt-collar.htm

good review of the tube and collar.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...-s/odin-works-sb-pt/

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I got a complete 10.5" upper for my virgin lower last week, but I need a brace. I know of the SiG brace and the Tailhook. What else is out there? I search, and pretty much all the results are for ATF letters and/or SiG braces. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
I got a complete 10.5" upper for my virgin lower last week, but I need a brace. I know of the SiG brace and the Tailhook. What else is out there? I search, and pretty much all the results are for ATF letters and/or SiG braces. Thanks in advance.

In addition to those you mentioned...there is the KAK Shockwave blade pistol brace thar Ryanp226 has on his AR pistol shown a few posts up...it is light weight...

https://www.kakindustry.com/shockwave-package-black

Link to ATF letter...

https://www.kakindustry.com/shockwave

I'm going to measure my buffer tube to see if the Odinworks locking nut will work...that is slick Razz.

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
I have a dimpled buffer tube, can't remember the manufacturer, and I guess they were made for the Blade. I put a Sig brace on it instead and it is on very tight. I practically had to use my body weight a bit to get it on. It won't go all the way down to the lower/end of the tube, as the end of the Sig brace has a thicker edge where the velcro is supposed to wrap around. I only say this as it might be another option to aid in your stock moving around.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I just watched the video on Brownels sight on that folding adapter. Question, in the folded position, will the bolt come out if you pull the charging handle back or does that bolt extension some how prevent it?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just watched the video on Brownels sight on that folding adapter. Question, in the folded position, will the bolt come out if you pull the charging handle back or does that bolt extension some how prevent it?

There is a tab (for lack of a better term) that prevents the BCG from being removed when the stock is in the folded position...when the stock is in the locked open position that tab is no longer in position to block the BCG and extension from recoiling into the buffer tube...

When the stock is folded, this tab can be moved to a position to allow the BCG to be partially removed by fully pushing and holding the unlocking button (that you push to fold the stock) down while pulling the charging handle and the BCG out of the receiver. When it's out far enough just remove the extension and push the BCG and charging handle back in and push the rear takedown pin to pivot the upper upward to remove the BCG...

You can also just remove the extension itself without pulling the BCG rearward (still have to push the button in for it to clear)...it can be a little tight when new.

Either way works

It's pretty easy Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I need to try one of those adapters on my next one!

Beth Greene

Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
This is what I installed to keep the Sig brace from walking.
http://phase5wsi.com/arm-brace-stop-multi-abs-m.html

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vincent317:
This is what I installed to keep the Sig brace from walking.
http://phase5wsi.com/arm-brace-stop-multi-abs-m.html

thank you did not know this existed, looks solid

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report. I keep looking at the folding adapter for a 5.56 or 300blk pistol. I have one made by hera? for my 22lr sbr and love it. Of course the 22 will shoot with the stock folded which makes it great for my youngest with shorter arms.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post