SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got a Browning Buckmark pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got a Browning Buckmark pistol Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I have wanted a Browning Buckmark for a while now. I was at the LGS range last weekend and they had some good pricing on some models and when I saw and handled the Buckmark Camper Stainless Steel UFX at $349 I bought one. Browning had a $25 rebate on Buckmarks also. Fist pistol I have bought in over 3 years. Love the way it fits my hand and trigger is nice too. Plan on shooting it within a week to try out. So glad .22 ammo is cheap and widely available, at least for now. Smile

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! Great pistol; I own 3 Wink

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Have you found any reasonably priced ammo your Buckmarks especially like as far as reliability and accuracy? Do they seem to like the same ammo or is each Buckmark a bit different on ammo preference? I have a couple thousand CCI Mini Mags 40 gr, several Federal Champion bulk 525 packs, and a brick of CCI Standard Velocity.

Americian Rifleman tested a Buckmark and it did really well with CCI Mini Mag.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...et-suppressor-ready/

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is pushing 20 or so years old. One of my first handgun purchases. The only thing it hasn't liked is purely on the ammo. Crappy remington golden bullets that were duds is all that I can recall really giving me trouble. It has been dead nuts reliable otherwise. Very accurate and the trigger is superb.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good to hear dusty3030! Cool

posted Hide Post
I buy and shoot whatever ammo is on sale. I have actually owned a total of a half dozen and they all ate everything as well as you could hope. The worst failure I can recall was a CCI round that split a case in my newest Buckmark within the first 5 rounds! Pulled the case, which didn't extract, and kept shooting. Buy a bunch of ammo and extra mags and have fun!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Great gun.

Mine reliably shoots just about anything I've fed it except "Standard Velocity" rounds when it's gone too long between cleaning. When the chamber gets dirty the low velocity rounds don't extract reliably. High velocity ammo runs well no matter what. Doesn't seem to matter about the brand.

Of course superior accuracy demands higher quality ammo but plinking accuracy is achieved from the Buckmark with just about anything on the market.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned my Buckmark for many years now, and can't imagine not having it in the safe....such a fun range gun.You will never go wrong with CCI MiniMag ammo, but once it is broken in well(also clean and lubed) you will likely find it will shoot many different brands. Mine will "eat" the Federal Champion bulk pack 525 rounds like popcorn!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GT-40DOC,

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I picked one up last year and really like it. I have a Ruger MKII Target which I shoot in .22lr leagues. I just need to get out with the Browning!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My BIL has one too. I went back and forth between the Browning and a Ruger. It's like BMW or Mercedes.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
I buy and shoot whatever ammo is on sale. I have actually owned a total of a half dozen and they all ate everything as well as you could hope. The worst failure I can recall was a CCI round that split a case in my newest Buckmark within the first 5 rounds! Pulled the case, which didn't extract, and kept shooting. Buy a bunch of ammo and extra mags and have fun!

Thanks again and will do.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The manual did not say much on how to lube other than to go light not over do it. I used Qtip with a little M-Pro7 LPX on it to lightly coat slide and frame rail areas I could reach with slide locked back. Then I used needle oiler to apply a little oil to the gap between slide and frame at top and bottom and let it seep in, worked the slide a bunch of times and wiped up any excess that I found which was not much. Slide racks very smoothly now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
I picked one up last year and really like it. I have a Ruger MKII Target which I shoot in .22lr leagues. I just need to get out with the Browning!

I have this one. The standard S/S with URX grips. Mine eats anything from Winchester or Federal. Remington .22 is junk and I don't shoot it. It's the only one I'd have multiple failures in 1 range session. I put a truglo front site on mine and it was the best thing I ever did to it, and only takes 1 minute and an allen key to change it and was about $28. Also the camper used to have a plastic rear site base that was prone to breaking (not sure if the newer ones are still plastic), but the metal site base from the standard is a direct fit and the way to go if the plastic one changes. You'll be able to tell when you take the rear site off to disassemble the pistol for cleaning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an S&W a Ruger and the Browning. I love them all, you cannot beat shooting a 22 all day long at very little cost.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I just dont get to shoot it enough.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Congrats grumpy1! Don't forget to file for your rebate by 10/15/2019 through the Browning website.

The Browning Buck Marks are just plain fun, exceptionally accurate, and incredibly reliable in my experience. Not saying that the rebate inspired me to get another one, BUUUUUT, the rebate inspired me to get another one. Big Grin

I don't have a picture of mine yet as I just picked it up recently but here is Browning's picture of the limited production model I bought. Say hello to my Star Wars "blaster". Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Congrats grumpy1! Don't forget to file for your rebate by 10/15/2019 through the Browning website.

The Browning Buck Marks are just plain fun, exceptionally accurate, and incredibly reliable in my experience. Not saying that the rebate inspired me to get another one, BUUUUUT, the rebate inspired me to get another one. Big Grin

I don't have a picture of mine yet as I just picked it up recently but here is Browning's picture of the limited production model I bought. Say hello to my Star Wars "blaster". Cool

Nice! That is really cool looking.

Thanks about the rebate, I have already filed mine online and got email that it has been processed and expect the rebate check in 3-4 weeks. Cool

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I have an S&W a Ruger and the Browning. I love them all, you cannot beat shooting a 22 all day long at very little cost.

I agree. My first pistol ever was a Ruger Standard that I bought new in the mid 70s and still have. Then I bought an M&P Compact 22 a few years back primarily for the wife and it is a really fun plinker and now the Buckmark Camper.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thanks grumpy! Maybe now I'll actually get to shoot "my" Buck Mark more when I go to the range with the wife and daughters.
They love shooting the Buck Marks so much I sometimes have to wait a while for my turn. lol

And that is the other great thing about .22s in general and the various Buck Marks in particular...the entire family can enjoy them regardless of skill, strength, or any other considerations, while still keeping mindful of safety of course.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:

The last Buckmark I bought was this exact model, but in red. Really nice shooter, and very different from my other heavy, long barreled Buckmarks,