SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Finish & Trigger Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Finish & Trigger Questions Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have experience or opinions on the quality of the SIG Legion finish and the heaviness of the gray trigger? I am trying to pick my next SIG 226 pistol and the 2 that are in the running are the Legion and the Extreme. I currently have a 226 MK25 with Trij. HD Organge Night Sights & the SIG AEP.

I have come across some reports on the Internet about people saying the finish on the Legion is not as strong as the standard SIG Nitron 226 finish and some people of had unexpected wear issues.

In addition, a few people reported that while the gray trigger is very nice it seems heavier than the standard 226 trigger.

I found the 10 pounds/4.5 pounds trigger pull on the MK25 to have a so I paid SIG and Exner $200 approximately the habit lowered to 8 pounds/4 pounds and the trigger is very smooth and I am very satisfied.

Any help would be appreciated

PS the reports that I read about the Siegel Legion trigger being heavier was nodding pounds but just in resistance whatever that means. And unfortunately my range does not have a Legion to rent me or one for me to look at.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey there.

A couple of things to put out front. The gray trigger (GGI P-SAIT) that is installed in all Legion pistols are just that. A trigger. There are no other magical parts installed in the gun that make a Legion better or worse than any other P226. Secondly, I have noticed a pretty wide scope of variance between triggers on identical Legion pistols. I had two. One measured in somewhere around 12 pounds, and the other closer to 16. The 16 pound gun never got any better, so I wound up trading it. The 12 pound gun has gotten better over several hundred dry fires and the live ammo I have ran through it.

In your boat, I think I would try this first. If you are comfortable removing the grips, and removing the mainspring from the gun, I would simply pop out the mainspring, take a burnishing rod and hit the edges real quick. I would then install the GGI master spring kit. You can install and try the 19 pound first, and if you want to go lighter go to the 17 pound. This is going to give you a similar effect to what the D spring does in Berettas.

With that being said, I get all my stuff worked on at GGI for free. I am lucky that Bruce takes really good care of me. But, until my DA smoothed out after use, I was going to do the same thing I just advised you.

The only downside is that like the D spring, you'll have to replace it every 5,000 rounds or so to ensure reliable ignition across a wide scope of ammo.

I know that some people will surely come in and cheerlead to send the gun here and there, as people are loyal to their favorite gunsmith. That is to be expected as I am loyal to my favorite gunsmith. But, the Legion already has the SRT installed, so you'll gain very little sending it off to a smith work the gun over. Whether it be SIG or whoever.

The finish issues are here and there.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good response jljones. It tells me a lot on my Legion vs Extreme consideration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
A couple of things to put out front. The gray trigger (GGI P-SAIT) that is installed in all Legion pistols are just that. A trigger. There are no other magical parts installed in the gun that make a Legion better or worse than any other P226.

Careful now, you'll ruin the placebo effect... Smile

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own 2 P226 Legion pistols: a DA/SA and a SAO. The finish on them is fine, although they are both range guns/safe queens. I also run Wolff 17lb mainsprings in all three of my P226s with excellent results. Trigger is quite a bit lighter and smoother than with the stock 22lb spring and pistols run with 100% reliability.

If you are concerned about a quality trigger maybe you should consider going SAO? Trigger is much lighter, much less travel, cleaner break and no real overtravel. Outstanding reset also.

If you are concerned about the Legion finish but still want Legion features and like the idea of a ROMEO1 red dot maybe consider a P226RX SAO?

SIG P226RX

It (the SAO in particular. The DA/SA is a slightly different frame.) is practically a Legion frame, with the undercut and all the checkering except under the trigger guard, without the concerns of the finish. The only other differences are the RX doesn't come with G10s or the GGI Fat guide rod. Both are easily changeable. I installed Hogue Pirhanas on mine and really like them. I own a P226RX SAO and it it the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. In the end it would be a bit more expensive buy but it would have everything it seems you would like.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3760000424

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Outstanding JustJoe, just what I was searching for but could not find. Outstanding. Thank yuu.