SIGforum
A Tale of Two Pistols

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1670097854

July 10, 2019, 08:47 PM
Poppy6x
A Tale of Two Pistols
This week I bought two newly released Sig pistols. First, the P320 X-Compact based on recommendations by some forum members. And today, scored the new P365 XL and took it to the range for a little workout. Let me say upfront that both pistols have functioned flawless over 250-300 rounds, including 124 and 147 FMJ and 124 +P HST and 147 HST. Also, both have proved to be very accurate at 21’, more accurate than I am capable. Things I like about both pistols are the X-ray sights and the X trigger. I had high hopes for the P365XL as I found the base P365 a little too small for me. But, while the barbell is a little longer, as well as the grip, the grip circumference is the same. For me that’s a little too small. Also, seems like the trigger weight is heavier on the XL than the base P365. If I had a trigger gauge I would measure it but it feels heavier. There is still a crisp let off and reset is good. Overall, for me the P320 just feels better as an EDC. I have big hands and I like the x grip. Also, the slide is slightly more substantial and it just feels more like what a pistol should. The diminutive P365XL still feels more like a toy. That’s not to downplay the value of the P365XL to a lot of people. I’m sure it will be another Sig success story. Pistol selection for EDC is always a personal decision.
I may even carry it occasionally. But, when I can dress appropriately I will have the X-Compact on my right hip.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

July 10, 2019, 09:50 PM
SigFan
I really like the look of the new 365XL, but I think I’d like to try one before buying. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)