SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Love or hisses for CZ shadow 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love or hisses for CZ shadow 2 Login/Join 
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. I ordered a shadow 2 Black recently. I hope it comes in.

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 381 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've had a Shadow for years. Played with a friends Shadow 2 the other day... some changes I liked, others I didn't. In the end my feeling was Id rather have my Shadow.

Posts: 21093 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
If you're yearning to buy a Shadow 2, it's probably best to do it sooner than later. Our rep informed us that CZ is no longer taking further orders on the gun (bad for one customer of our shop) and that they're only going to build and ship what's already been previously backordered.

Considering their investments in this gun, how popular it is, and how well it placed in recent IPSC World Shoot, I really wonder how accurate that info is. CZ USA sponsored a side stage during recent Nationals, effectively giving away one gun for promotional purposes. It is in stock, no back order, at CZC. Doesn't sound too plausible for CZ to cut that gun out, or even down.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're yearning to buy a Shadow 2, it's probably best to do it sooner than later. Our rep informed us that CZ is no longer taking further orders on the gun (bad for one customer of our shop) and that they're only going to build and ship what's already been previously backordered.

My guess is a Shadow 3 is on the way

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shooters Connection has had them in stock for the last 3 months .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:

Considering their investments in this gun, how popular it is, and how well it placed in recent IPSC World Shoot, I really wonder how accurate that info is. CZ USA sponsored a side stage during recent Nationals, effectively giving away one gun for promotional purposes. It is in stock, no back order, at CZC. Doesn't sound too plausible for CZ to cut that gun out, or even down.

While I would LOVE for that information to be false, I'm afraid that I have to side with the rep with this one. CZ has stiffed and burned us plenty of times on their timeliness and promises of deliveries in the past. And our rep claims that the management side of CZ is not happy with the pace and cost of production for the Shadow 2 or the number of backorders already booked, particularly now when orders for other higher profit, quicker production pistols are dictating the greater need and demand for resources on CZ's production floor. In short as it was spelled out to us, they spend too much time making them for the amount of money that they're selling the Shadow 2 for. Basic economics.

As for existing availability at the retail level: CZ Custom and other retailers may currently have them in stock, but dealers and distributors who are out or want them aren't about to buy the guns from other dealers. They'll go through wholesale or buy direct from CZ if they're fortunate enough like us to have a direct account with CZ-USA. Our rep informed us that it's CZ-USA that says the gun is not going to be available from CZ beyond any existing orders from dealers and distributors already placed in the pipeline, so they're not taking any orders anymore. However they WILL gladly take any orders we might have for Dan Wessons and 455 rifles and cheap O/U shotguns sourced out of Turkey. Woo-hoo, what a consolation.

Now chances are that there will still be an adequate supply of Shadow 2s around for the next year or so (the backorder amount is supposedly huge), but like many of the specialty pistols that gun companies make they do a hell of a lot better financially moving volume items like the P-10C and even more when it comes to agency and military contracts and their post-sale support, which is the kind of stuff that our rep indicated that is driving the demand for production capability and capacity back at CZ.

Hell even for a dealer like us buying P-10Cs direct right now, we've been told that they won't likely show up for another 6-8 MONTHS. What can we do? We need the guns and we greatly prefer paying what CZ asks rather than what Lipsey's or Davidson's marks them up to, so we went ahead and placed the damn order, thinking that we'll order an occasional one or two through distribution to get us by until CZ-USA can finally come through for us.

We've also run into the same problem with HK and the SP5K. For almost all of this year no one could place orders with HK-USA for the SP5K. The only guns that were on the market at retail were ones that were ordered during 2016 and then delivered early this year. We kept getting the window for new orders pushed back all through this year, until HK-USA recently (last week or so) opened up and accepted purchase orders for the gun from dealers and distributors once again. Except according to our HK rep they shut it down less than two days later, and canceled any and all orders made during that short time.

HK back in Germany made that call, apparently without any real explanation though I'm guessing that they may be anticipating some major military deals and will need the production capacity as a result. HK-USA then came out and notified their reps that at this point there's no guarantee that new orders and deliveries will even take place any time in 2018. All of which leaves me VERY annoyed because I was lead to believe that we would be able to place orders by "late spring/early summer" (then "early fall") this year, so I already accepted prepayment for several SP5Ks from customers based on that information. Instead now I have to give those thousands back.

This is the kind of crap we have to endure from gun companies when we buy direct.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I ove the look of the Shadow 2...and I have demo one. It shot great. But in reality, it does nothing that my AccuShadow or my Shadow Target don't do already. I'd pick one used if I'd find one...but that seems unlikely given the posting.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post