SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Love or hisses for CZ shadow 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love or hisses for CZ shadow 2 Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Want another CZ and this is the top candidate. Carry and range use 9 mm is the only way it comes I believe and that is fine. what do you guys think of this CZ?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never owned a CZ I didn't love. If I had the bucks, I'd buy one.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my SP01 Tactical so I’m not going to say no. So, love.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Having just bought my first CZ a few months ago, an SP01, I now want a higher end model but I’m vapor locked on whether I want one of those or a tuned model from Cajun or the Custom Shop.

If you get it, I’d love a range report.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
For carry I'd look into if the Shadow 2 has a drop safety. I don't think it does.
I shot a CGW modded Shadow 2 in a USPSA match last Sunday and it is everything it's hyped up to be and more. I honestly believe that this gun will make anyone a better shooter.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what "carry" means in this case, concealed, open, etc but it is a 47 oz, unloaded, gun. I shot my first match with it last weekend and made a mistake of wearing looser pants. I had to re-tighten my belt after each stage.
No, it doesn't have a firing pin block. It is a nice gun, very front heavy, nice trigger out of box, even nicer with some minor work. Mine is a full CZC custom job, it is phenomenal.

I am disappointed though, it didn't make me a better shooter. In my only match so far, same people kicked my ass, as always. What's up with that.

Seriously, it is a nice competition gun. I don't like how it balances when I pick it up but I don't think it makes any objective difference. I prefer shorter front sight. For my likes, I had to order larger custom made LOK grips. I haven't shot it enough to comment on reliability. I wouldn't use it for anything other than competition where it is one of top dogs.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Family pic, most of them anyways.

The PCR had the trigger done by CZ Custom. I think it plain out sucks. They didn't do much to the DA pull other than put in a 13# that I had to change out to make my Kadet run. The SA is light but they also removed every bit of crispness out of it. I would never spend money with them again without holding the product in my hand.

The PO1 had a trigger job by a local (at the time) 1911 guy. Very nice, much nicer overall than the CZ Custom job/hatchet. Of course after he gave it back he said he would stick to 1911's. lol. The CZ sear cage claimed another victim.

The SP01 was bought used so I don't know its pedigree. Other than a bit of butchery on the end of the thread protector and a huge gob of yellow thread fastener, it looks brand new, hardly if ever fired. Trigger is straight up the best of the bench. Smooooooth DA, bit of creep but otherwise nice SA.

75BD stone stock.

Long winded way to say, I never met a metal CZ that I didn't love.

Did I hear carry? The compacts are awesome. Find a Kadet kit and you have the best of both worlds.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CZ75 Shadow Tac II has by far the best stock trigger I have experienced. Dry firing it at my local shop was enough for me plunk down the cash. It instantly became my favorite CZ and truthfully makes me a better pistol shooter.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love to have one, it look so nice Smile the only thing I don't have one yet because it is off roster in California, if anyone got one and selling by ppt it costs an arm and an leg for a ridiculous double price!!!LOL

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. Fits my hand like a glove. Superb shooter. I highly recommend it.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
Mine is a full CZC custom job, it is phenomenal.

I am disappointed though, it didn't make me a better shooter. In my only match so far, same people kicked my ass, as always. What's up with that..

You're living proof that it's the shooter, not the fancy gun, that will win the competition.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
https://ibb.co/hBoxwv

Bought a Shadow 2 maybe a month back. It reminds me a bit of my SIG X-5 Comp gun...Very smooth, minimal recoil, and accurate.

Trigger could be better, that is surely fixable. Still, out of the box, a Very capable target gun.

Mec-Gar anti friction coating mags...$25.00!

I ordered a holster from Red Hill tactical...shold be here in a week or two. NOT a ton of stuff out there compared to say Glock or SIG pistols. But between CZ, Cajun Gun Werks, LOK grips and a few others...Enough aftermarket support to get by nicely.

Paid $1150 for mine and I think it's a bargain, for what You get.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=23.0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeatMan:
The CZ75 Shadow Tac II has by far the best stock trigger I have experienced. Dry firing it at my local shop was enough for me plunk down the cash. It instantly became my favorite CZ and truthfully makes me a better pistol shooter.

sort of what i am thinking. weight not an issue, i am a big guy have belts with steel in them and it is fall winter. I typically carry a 627 blood work. I do much better with full size service type pistols, need sight radius and decent sights and prefer all steel. good stock trigger a very attractive deal.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Having just bought my first CZ a few months ago, an SP01, I now want a higher end model but I’m vapor locked on whether I want one of those or a tuned model from Cajun or the Custom Shop.

If you get it, I’d love a range report.

will do, probably a christmas birthday purchase. I love my stainless CZ 75 B and this looks like a reasonable step up thanks for the feedback every one.

posted Hide Post
The Shadow 2 is one of the best made most accurate guns I own and I own many. Very happy with it

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
No experience shooting the newer Shadow 2 but checked one out at the LGS (friend has it on layaway or I'd have bought it). My Shadow Tac II is a CZ Custom gun that's one of the best I've had but I'll also pick up a Shadow 2 when I can get my hands on one. I haven't had a full-size CZ that I didn't like to shoot. I think the Shadow 2 is 5-6 ounces heavier than the Shadow Tac II (not sure exactly how much but it's heavier).

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. The example I have has excellent machining and fit. I went through all the action, but if you were not a gamer, or too picky you might only reduce the mainspring rate and be ok. Out of the box it was better than the SP01 and Shadow examples I have.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I love mine! A tad heavy, but very well balanced. For some reason the bullets pretty much go exactly where I want them to go.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I played with a used Shadow yesterday. I can’t stop thinking about it. I may go back for it. Best DA pull I’ve ever felt.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
If you're yearning to buy a Shadow 2, it's probably best to do it sooner than later. Our rep informed us that CZ is no longer taking further orders on the gun (bad for one customer of our shop) and that they're only going to build and ship what's already been previously backordered.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post