SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    question re: RX slide for P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question re: RX slide for P229 Login/Join 
posted
First post -

I have a Sig 229 bought in early 90's. Like the pistol but don't like the slide (early design narrower on top than on bottom. See new RX slides for sale on Sig site with Romeo red dot installed. like the slide and the red dot. Question will these new slides fit my old P229? I understand the pistol's dimensions changed in 2005 or so.

Also, my pistol is 9mm. Thanks -

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry man. I misunderstood your question.
Edited. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jackimoe,

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alaninCT:
First post -

I have a Sig 229 bought in early 90's. Like the pistol but don't like the slide (early design narrower on top than on bottom. See new RX slides for sale on Sig site with Romeo red dot installed. like the slide and the red dot. Question will these new slides fit my old P229? I understand the pistol's dimensions changed in 2005 or so.

Also, my pistol is 9mm. Thanks -

I have a P229 SCT in 9mm, which was one of the earlier 9mm's before Sig switched to the .40 frame as standard. Hence, the narrower magwell that the -1 mags won't fit.

I put a newer RX slide on it. I did have to change the locking block for it to function though, to a newer style locking block. There were some minor differences between the newer locking blocks, and the older 9mm locking blocks.

It shoots fine as it sits, though Ive noticed the slide doesn't always lock back on an empty mag as it did before. It is just a range toy so it doesn't bother me.

One of these days I'm going to find an older .40 frame with no rail, and put the 9mm RX slide on it.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post