SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New owner of a P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New owner of a P365 Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The only malfunctions I've had with mine have involved letting my thumb hit the slide release and causing the slide to not lock back. That's on me, not the gun.

I can see how it would be easily possible for a thumbs high grip to cause one to interfere with the slide moving forward and on a new tight gun resulting in the slide not going into battery. Try using a grip that locks the thumb down away from the slide and see if the issue goes away.

Even if that's not it, I'll bet you a shiny nickel that it resolves itself within a couple hundred rounds. Both my 320s were prone to not go back into battery when cycled by hand until they'd finished a couple of range trips.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcop143
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will definitely keep an eye on the thumbs, and work the slide away from the range.

Posts: 103 | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my new P365 out today for the first time. Mine was made last month so I don’t know for sure what gen it is. Time was limited but I just wanted to make sure it went bang and had no malfunctions. Took a mixed bag of ammo-WW White box 115 FMJ, some old 124 plated flat point reloads, some military M882 ball and some old Federal 9BP 115 Hi-Shok HP. Nary a bobble. Did shoot a little to the right but that will wait for another day. That Lapula is a real thumb saver with these mags.

Posts: 31 | Registered: March 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up my P365 (Gen 2) in July with a July mfg date on the box. I've put 1000 rounds of various ammo through it with no problems.
It's now my carry piece with a 12 round mag and one in the pipe.

My first time out with it was a little disappointing as the new mags were tough to load more than 6 or 7 rounds. I recommend you consider buying the Uplula magloader if you don't already have one.

Posts: 26 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: May 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dale59911
posted Hide Post
I have one with about 300 rounds through it and I love it. What I notice is the mags are very tight to load with the slide in battery. Makes no difference if they are 10 or 12 round mags. I thought at first it had to do with a round in the chamber, slide in battery but after playing with it, the issue is whether the slide is locked back or forward, with or without a round chambered. You have to really slam it to seat the magazine.

Montana - The Last Best Place

Posts: 86 | Location: MONTANA | Registered: May 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You definitely need an UPLULA to load the P365 magazines. I never owned a loader until I bought a P365.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Picked up one myself yesterday after trying one out at the Range. I was amazed how accurate it was for the size.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCP007:
quote:
Originally posted by rjksx1:
Does the gen 3 have all bugs out? How can one tell its the most current version?

It does appear they have the issues worked out.
Here is a video of the differences
https://youtu.be/tJEbvC58-ps

Thanks, for sharing.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post