SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 Gen 3 Slide and Frame Compatibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 Gen 3 Slide and Frame Compatibility Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I have a Gen 3 19 with the fish gill slide serrations. Previous owner had the whole frame stippled and I don't like it, and I'd like a longer grip. Really want to keep this slide. What other frame(s) will fit it? 19x, 45?

Posts: 3529 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Gen 3 slide will only fit gen 1-3. There is a difference in Gen 4 and gen 5. I'd just look for a Gen 3 frame. You can look at any of the aftermarket frame as well.

Frankly, if it was me, I'd but a gen 3 gun and then sell the slide off it to replace it with your Fish gill slide. Probably cost you the least. There is plenty of demand for that slide by the P80 build folks.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I had intended this for a P80 build and I have built and shot it. It's just that I would like a longer grip. Might just sell and then hunt for a fish gill 17.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took my g17 and cut the grip to g19 size. One of my favorite shooters.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I want a 17's grip length, but I don't think my 19 upper will fit a 17 frame, right?

posted Hide Post
A G19 slide won't fit a 17 frame. The locking blocks are different. You could always buy another G19 frame off of Gunbroker for your gun,if you don't care for the stippling. Or, you could buy G17 mags and the spacers for the mags, so they will fit somewhat flush to the g19 frame and give you a larger grip.

With the prices of things now, getting/let alone finding a G17 with fish gills will be difficult and expensive. I am not sure where prices are going but "salad days" seem about over.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The local Glockmeister store has Gen 3 19 complete frames for $299. I guess I don't want it that much. I also want a 43x with the stainless slide, but they're getting scooped up as soon as they hit the shelves now. I have plenty of guns, so I'll wait it out.

Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
If you get a G19L barrel it will fit the G17 slide which can then be installed on the G19 or even a G26 frame. It is the locking lug that dictates frame usage. If one desires the G19 slide, a G17 barrel will fit extended (it can be cut down). So many ways to barbie a Glock.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post