SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield XDS .45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield XDS .45 Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
I just bought an XDS .45 3.3" from Buds -- I don't have it in my possession yet.

Looks like it will make for great Summer carry. I also like the promo Springfield has going on right now (4 extra mags + other swag).

I've heard the trigger on the .45 can be bad compared to the trigger on the 9mm variant of the XDS.

Those with the .45 -- how's your trigger?

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to go pull mine out of the safe to check, but the XDs triggers are spongy and not overly impressive. Good enough. They're compact and so far have been reliable. I have the XDs in 9mm and .45.

I don't notice much difference in the triggers in either chambering.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
My XDs is the only .45 in my collection. I find that it's actually a pretty nice shooter, considering the caliber and size of the gun.

I took my daughter to the range so she could test fire a number of different guns before purchasing. We shot my P938, P290RS, EAA Witness Pavona and my son-in-law's Glock 19 -- all 9mm. She liked the XDs best.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I just bought an XDS .45 3.3" from Buds -- I don't have it in my possession yet.

Looks like it will make for great Summer carry. I also like the promo Springfield has going on right now (4 extra mags + other swag).

I've heard the trigger on the .45 can be bad compared to the trigger on the 9mm variant of the XDS.

Those with the .45 -- how's your trigger?

Easily concealable pistol for Summer time.
Aftermarket trigger will probably help from what I've read.
Saying all that, the Springfield didn't work for me. I've had the 45 and the 9mm. They were both 100% but both of them banged up my hand badly. I'm pretty sure this is just me as I am missing part of my right index finger but I have to be picky when I choose a pistol.
Why 2 of them? I thought the 9mm version would be easier on my hand.
You'll enjoy it though and they're nice pistols.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/handg...r-kit-prod81067.aspx

Here's the trigger upgrade. Have heard basically all good on it but it's a little involved.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
The best trigger WAS on my pre recalled XDS45... then they F it up even with Power river springs kit, its still a so so trigger pull.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
The best trigger WAS on my pre recalled XDS45...

For certain. The PRS kit does help a lot though. It doesn't make it a good trigger, but makes it much more shootable. (as in able to hit things. Wink )

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to buy a 9mm but the triggers are really bad compared to my 45. I got it when they first came out.
224th

Posts: 67 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
The best trigger WAS on my pre recalled XDS45... then they F it up even with Power river springs kit, its still a so so trigger pull.

It's why my 9mm hasn't made the trip back. The way I look at it I'll never shoot it enough for the gun to break as it did in factory testing and I'm more than willing to allow its next owner can worry about it if they want.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the reliability of the XDS in 45acp?

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just pulled my .45 and 9X19 XDs out of the safe. the triggers are the same.

So far as I've been able to tell, both are quite reliable.

A friend carries a 9mm XDs as his regular personal pistol, and is quite happy with it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
How is the reliability of the XDS in 45acp?

I've put around 600-700 rounds through mine and never had any type of malfunction . I love my XDs

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post