SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would you trust this P320 for EDC?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you trust this P320 for EDC? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:
What caliber is your P320?

tp

I went with the P320 Carry in 9mm. It's basically the same size as my P229, but lighter and higher capacity.

quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
I definitely wouldn't trust a pistol that does that. More importantly, why do you see the need to change from a 1994 P229? No way I'd give up a classic like that for a polymer frame striker fired gun.

Well, it started because of 3-gun. My P229 is a .40, so stock class I only get 12 rounds. I like the .40, as I can see it hit with more energy on poppers that need a perfectly placed shot to drop with a 9mm. But even though I'm pretty good with the DA/SA, as the P229 was my first pistol and I stuck with DA/SA for a long while, I do take a tick longer with the initial DA than I do with the striker fired.

Once I realized the first shot was noticeably quicker for me, I started rethinking my carry. Like I said, I tried the VP9 and PPQ first and they didn't quite fit the bill. I still shot my P229 (and SP2022) better. Then I tried the P320 and even though I don't like the feel as much as the others, I couldn't argue with the results. I shoot that P320 very well. The group I did when the most recent dead trigger happened was 15 of 17 making one ragged hole at 10 yards, with one flyer still in the 10 ring and one slipped into the 9. I've got thousands of rounds through that P229 and I'm shooting the P320 better right off the bat.

I appreciate everyone's input. Like I said earlier, I think I'm just going to find the time to hit the outdoor range and video my shooting. If the dead trigger crops up again, I'll reach out to SIG again.

Until then, my first love stays on my belt.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, and they're giving these flawed guns to our troops. I like the 320 concept and wanted to like the one I had, hopefully the mil will bring the QC/QA up where it should be.

But Sig needs to get their shit together before sending these to our boys. Should let Germany make and deliver em, we all know Exeter cant make two stick guns the same.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post