SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So who is happy (or not) with their new Beretta 92X (Full size, Centurion, or Compact)?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So who is happy (or not) with their new Beretta 92X (Full size, Centurion, or Compact)? Login/Join 
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:

bryanZ06...unfortunately it doesn't look like the 92X Performance model is included in the rebate in the fine print.

Good catch. I missed the line about those being excluded.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bryanZ06,

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I went for a G Centurion too, for $499.50 plus rebate I couldn’t get the card out any faster. Should’ve grabbed a railess compact too but hesitated and poof, gone.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
I went for a G Centurion too, for $499.50 plus rebate I couldn’t get the card out any faster. Should’ve grabbed a railess compact too but hesitated and poof, gone.

The cheapest one I see is $589. Where is the $499?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
On the 1st there was an option for “email for price” instead of “add to cart“ and they sent a link with that price.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Never mind... I wasn't understanding what you were saying, that price was only available on the 1st. I see now.

Bummer, I wanted one and that was a crazy good price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Picked my two 92X G-model Centurions yesterday. The grips are definitely more aggressive than I expected (in a good way). Trigger on both are very smooth, although I wish they reset a little more forcefully (I only had 100 rounds through a beat up rental 92 FS previously as a reference). The Vertec grip definitely fits my hands much better, making it much easier to reach the magazine release. For $400 after rebate it’s a hell of a good deal.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am. I’m happy with my 92x centurion with the alternate original type grips. I purchased mine when they first came out and paid almost full price (msrp). I don’t regret it. I am very happy with it so much so that I purchased and received in early November, a Kramer horseleather holster.
Comparing it to my 3 year old WILSON combat, beretta compact G, the WILSON has the edge.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am. I’m happy with my 92x centurion with the alternate original type grips. I purchased mine when they first came out and paid almost full price (msrp). I don’t regret it. I am very happy with it so much so that I purchased and received in early November, a Kramer horseleather holster.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, ceptor. I took advantage of the sale and my rebate is filed. I haven't fired it yet, but I saw no flaws. Nice high sights, too.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
I got my 92x Centurion to the range today.

Big disappoint on the sights, it was shooting significantly high & left. Before you ask, yes I fired it both unsupported & prone w/the frame rested, and got the same results. Did it at 7yd and 25yd

Came home & went after it with the calipers. Front sight is dead center, rear is 0.0135" left of center. I guess Beretta doesn't test-fire these for accuracy at the factory. I'll have to replace the front sight with a taller one.

Also, how do you guys feel about the grips? I don't think my hands are too soft, but gat dang, these grips are aggressive, especially the u-checkered portions that feel like skateboard tape. I think I may hit those parts with some sandpaper. Also turns out that the Vertec grip feels great, except at the heel, where the sharp edge digs into my hand meat. Wraparound grips it is.

Other than those minor bitches, it shoots great. Super smooth & perfectly sprung.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new 92X Centurion also shoots a couple of inches left and low, sight pretty centered. Guess I will need a sight pusher.

Posts: 76 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I found the grips to be pretty much perfect for a range gun. I’d say they’re right on par with the M&P 2.0 line.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to hijack this thread, but it seems like a good place to ask a quick question about the 92X and its Vertec grips.

Apart from their different shape, are they a better fit for small hands than the standard Beretta grips?

I've always wanted a 92 but the grips are just too big for my hands. I ask because no gun store near me carries a 92X and none of my shooting buddies has an old Vertec-gripped 92.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
No worries, good question- Yes, the Vertec variant grip frame is much better suited to smaller hands.
quote:
Originally posted by Sig_Accumulator:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but it seems like a good place to ask a quick question about the 92X and its Vertec grips.

Apart from their different shape, are they a better fit for small hands than the standard Beretta grips?

I've always wanted a 92 but the grips are just too big for my hands. I ask because no gun store near me carries a 92X and none of my shooting buddies has an old Vertec-gripped 92.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
No worries, good question- Yes, the Vertec variant grip frame is much better suited to smaller hands.
quote:
Originally posted by Sig_Accumulator:

Good question. Actually, it is the shape/profile of the Vertec grip that makes it suitable for smaller hands, much like the "slim" grips that SIG made for the classic P-series pistols that are better for smaller hands.

And, welcome to SF.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your quick and helpful answers!

I think that a 92X Compact is in my future!

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a happy Langdon M9 (not LTT Elite) owner for some time. Well, happy except for one thing: I have stubby fingers, and even the slim Langdon grips were just a skosh too big for me. So, when I saw the blowout pricing on the 92x models, I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered one of the full size pistols. I added a "g" decocker only kit, Langdon Trigger Job in a Box kit, Wilson short reach trigger and a Beretta threaded barrel that I scored from Beretta's clearance sale last fall for about half off retail.

A quick trip to the range earlier this week proved these were good equipment choices! The Langdon kit makes this a delightful trigger in both single and double action; smooth, with no stacking or grit, and very predictable. I shot these targets from 11 yards, offhand, with 115gr Winchester White Box FMJ. These were the first five rounds through the pistol:

Then I shot these target centers single action, clockwise from upper left, to see how the sights worked with my bad eys:

and then I shot the same pattern, but in double action:

and found that I put the third round through the same hole Wink I was quite pleased to discover that the DA shots were even a bit more accurate, probably because I was paying close attention to keeping that front sight in alignment.

Given that I shoot right-handed but sight left-handed thanks to an eye condition, and that my left eye is nearsighted besides, this is darn good shooting for me!

I love the feel of the Vertec grip, and the accessory rail will allow me to add a weapon light, so this pistol will become my new home defense pistol. I'll add my Silencerco Osprey to keep it quiet, too.

I'm looking forward to plenty of shooting with the Beretta this spring, but I already know that the 92X is a winner!

Posts: 131 | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the 92X really does kill it. I got to the range yesterday after centering the rear sight & a little home de-horning operation:

- Went after the trigger guard point with sandpaper, the point at the magazine release that stabs the thumb knuckle. Gave it a nice roundoff, smoothed it down with 1200 grit. It made a massive difference in comfort.
- Did the same thing at the heel of the vertec grip. The checkering extending to the very bottom makes for an uncomfortable serrated edge. A little sanding and it's 1000% better.
- Did it one more time on the pointy corners of the beavertail, again down to 1200 grit.

Totally changed the feel of the gun. Very glad I did it.

The gun shot like hell too. I got my best No-Fail Drill result to date (4/10, still fail), and was happy to record a 2.30 and a 2.51 Bill Drill, all alphas. Two weeks until my first USPSA match with the Beretta, I can't wait.

Gallery of the de-horning:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZpfttU1/comment/1813557339

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Picked my two 92X G-model Centurions yesterday. The grips are definitely more aggressive than I expected (in a good way). Trigger on both are very smooth, although I wish they reset a little more forcefully (I only had 100 rounds through a beat up rental 92 FS previously as a reference). The Vertec grip definitely fits my hands much better, making it much easier to reach the magazine release. For $400 after rebate it’s a hell of a good deal.

Tired of them yet? These are seriously tempting me. I was considering a Glock 17 or 19 since I have never had one, but I like the idea of a smaller grip on a Centurion. I had a 96 Centurion back in the 90s but the grip was just too large. It was by far the smoothest pistol I've ever owned and I think they are some of the best looking of all.

I am window shopping for a range gun just to make steel ring. My only other 9mm is a P365 which I enjoy, but not for hours on end at the range. I mostly just use a 229 .40.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Checked out a new Centurion today. It is still a larger size grip. I was expecting it to be less.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post