SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rem Dry Lube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem Dry Lube Login/Join 
posted
I must admit, I'm a lube junkie. My Dad always taught me growing up, lube your shotgun big time after you clean it and it will never fail you. Have a rag with you and wipe it down before you go out hunting and your gun WILL work flawlessly. He was right, I never had an issue. I've been shooting striker fired pistols for quite a while now, but I always hear "don't lube the striker assembly, keep it totally dry". Because I am a lube junkie, when I clean the striker assembly on my pistols I do make sure they are dry, but I always take an oil wipe and put a minor coat on the spring when I'm done. I was talking to a guy at the range last week and he swears that it is best to spray the striker assembly down (and let dry) with Rem DriLube before you put it back together. He claims that it puts a Teflon type coating on everything, protects springs, plastic and all metal in the assembly so they never wear down. He has an old Glock (that works flawlessly) and says he has been doing that for years and has never had any build-up or an issue using it. He also says that he uses it on various door hinges in his house and all car hinges. Claims great stuff, no build-up issues and works in all temperatures (In Minnesota it gets cold, -17 this morning outside my house). FYI: I'm not considering replacing my usual oil lubrication in barrels and other normal lube required areas. Just mainly interested on striker assemblies. Wondering all your thoughts.

Posts: 13 | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Striker and channel gets cleaned and wiped dry, no lubrication of any kind.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course no idea what pistol we are discussing? But in any case the vast majority of my striker fired rounds are in a glock. At glock armours school we were advised no lubrication, and further in fact to remove any inadvertent lube. So I simply don't. And I have glocks with tens and tens of thousands of rounds that have never even had the striker removed, never mind cleaned. I wouldn't put anything on it of any kind at least on a glock. For others no idea.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Of course no idea what pistol we are discussing? But in any case the vast majority of my striker fired rounds are in a glock. At glock armours school we were advised no lubrication, and further in fact to remove any inadvertent lube. So I simply don't. And I have glocks with tens and tens of thousands of rounds that have never even had the striker removed, never mind cleaned. I wouldn't put anything on it of any kind at least on a glock. For others no idea.

Sig P320X

Alright, I'll try to overcome my lube fetish! Thanks for your reply :-)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:

Thanks EmpireState!

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve o:
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:

Thanks EmpireState!

You’re welcome. Im no expert but I think the general idea is that you want nothing in there that can collect residue/grime and slow down the striker from impacting the primer. Nothing wrong with cleaning the channel and striker but it should always be bone dry when re-assembled.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I must admit, I'm a lube junkie

I’ll take things I never want to hear another man say for $500 Alex. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
I must admit, I'm a lube junkie

LOL!LOL!LOL!!!!!!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
[QUOTE]I must admit, I'm a lube junkie

LOL!LOL!LOL!!!!!!!!
Just to make it totally clear: Lube junkie refer’s only to putting lots of oil on my Remington 870, PSA AR 15, Sig P320, and my Taurus G3C! That was an awesome reply but because I’m new here, I just wanted to make sure Smile everyone else that reads this knows what I was talking about