SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Early CZ75 (BRNO) Magazine Source
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early CZ75 (BRNO) Magazine Source Login/Join 
Picture of 19tass
posted
I have a BRNO made CZ75 (1989) that I purchased and imported from Pragotrade of Canada in 1990.
Unfortunately, I did not purchase extra magazines at the time, and am now unable to find any. The current issue CZ mags are much too wide and will not fit. I have written numerous companies to no avail. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks! Chuck

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a Mec-Gar magazine? When NYS went full potato I needed 10 round magazines for my pre B CZ-75 and there really wasn't much out there. I've read that some pre B guns don't run well on aftermarket mags, but mine isn't one of them. If you want I'll mail you one and you can try it out.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply and your kind offer. I did try Mec-Gar and it was also too wide. Given all the years BRNO made them, one would think surplus versions would be readily available, but no such luck.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
A lot of guys that shoot those pre b's in competition open them up internally to use modern mags. Not sure if yours has collector value or not, but that is an option to consider.

ETA: Greg Cote and CZ USA have magazines in stock labeled as "pre-b".

https://shop.cz-usa.com/Produc...-Cz-75-Preb-9mm-16rd

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz...ne-11114-p-1403.html

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and suggestions. I've tried the "pre B" mag from CZ USA. It appears different physically (notch on the opposite side, etc.)from mine and would not go in the mag well. When comparing it with the one from Greg Cote, they appear identical, so unfortunately that takes care of that. I have a CZ75B, and a Shadow II, so will just leave this piece "as is" if I can't locate any extra mags.

posted Hide Post
Can you post a pic of your mag or measure the dimensions? They do have stepped floor plates?

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Dimensions: 4 5/8" back - 4 1/4" front - 1 3/8" width The baseplate is flat, not stepped. There is a notch on the upper right side, and a small round hole about 1/4 way up from the bottom (mag laying flat, bullet nose pointing right) The opposite side has two small round holes spaced equally apart.

posted Hide Post

I have some TZ/EAA/Tanfoglio pattern mags that I've picked up from gunshows in the past. I couldn't find my tape measure or caliper to do any measurements. Looks like the holes don't match up to yours.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
The 4th one from the left (Top) looks almost identical. From the bottom photo, it looks like that same mag also has a notch on the other side as well? Mine is only notched on the one side, but if the width is right that might possibly work. I haven't tried that particular maker either. Many thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

posted Hide Post
CZ75's were very common in SA in the late 80's and early 90's.
There's a manufacturer here in SA, K-Mag, who do various aftermarket magazines.

I spoke to them and it seems they're currently doing a run of pre-B magazines. You can e-mail them if you wish to pre-order.

http://www.k-mag.co.za/

Posts: 101 | Location: Jhb, South Africa | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigamt:
CZ75's were very common in SA in the late 80's and early 90's.
There's a manufacturer here in SA, K-Mag, who do various aftermarket magazines.

I spoke to them and it seems they're currently doing a run of pre-B magazines. You can e-mail them if you wish to pre-order.

http://www.k-mag.co.za/

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
As soon as I can measure that one, I'll get back to you. Either on the post or via email.

posted Hide Post
I have two CZ 75 pistols from 1984 and 1985 and both will accept newly manufactured mags that come with current CZ 75s. From what I understand (and by that I'm thinking back several years when I read something about pre B magazines vs the current crop), CZ made a change in the dimensions of the grip frame ever so slightly at some point. When that change took place is the question but supposedly this can be remedied to function with all mags.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post