Find
Notify
Tools

Lubrication Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Somehow I doubt they've created their own facilities to process/manufacture lubricants. So they probably worked an agreement to slap their labels on an existing product. Compare the bottles and syringes and you might be able to figure it out.

ETA: yup, its Slip2000
https://www.sigsauer.com/press...arm-cleaning-system/

Yeah, I got an email from Slip today announcing their partnership with Sig. I've been using the Slip EWL (oil) & EWG (grease) on all my guns for about 8 or 10 years & like it.

Realistically though, if your gun runs ok on the latest & greatest super gun specific lube; then it'll probably run just fine on Mobil 1.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to have a “whatever” attitude using whatever sample tubes I get from various sources or the bottles that have been included in various cleaning kits I have acquired over the years. I am not a run dripping wet guy, figuring a few drops in the right places does the job.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with you, jesse. I'm still using Mil-Comm products. I use their grease__you know, the grease that looks like hand lotion. What is good enough of the military Gatling Guns is good enough for my
five pistols.
First, Sig doesn't refine anything. So, who's lubricants are they using with their brand name?
Actually, most all of these various branded lubricants work very well.
Grease for slide rails and oil for anything rolling.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S.
From Poli Viejo. It's Slip 2000 lubes. A fine
lubricant. There's other brands too that are fine.
I think the 100% synthetics are great.
With my supply of Mil-Comm products (100% synthetic) I'll be using them for several years.
Like I've said for some time, most any of these
synthetic lubricants are fine. (Use Mobil 1 in my Outback too.... and going for 150,000 miles so far)
I know some of our guys are using Mobil 1 on their guns. Probably okay too? It does have a detergent in it. Sounds like LCP doesn't it?
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Bruce Gray recommended "damn grease," so that's what I use.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A jar of Rig+P and bottle of FP10 have lasted me forever.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Every once is a while it's good to trot out this article. Lots of good info.

Grant Cunningham Lubrication Article

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slide Glide lite on frame/slide rails. Mobil 1 5W on spring pivots.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Is frog lube still made of real frogs? Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Just as the NFL has an "Official This or That". so does Sig.
For guys buying new guns, it is a great chance to try something new, for free. Cool

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Robert Burke suggests, and included a 3oz tube of Super Lube Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease (21030), when he returned a recent action job. It is NLGI #2. I've been using it ever since wherever grease is indicated (slide and frame rails and a few other friction points). So far, I love it. It remains clean, lasts a long time, and provides great friction resistance. I bought the 14oz can (41160), which will probably last me all of my life. The Technical Data Sheet and MSDS are linked from that page.

This x 2! This is what I use on my over/under and at times on the AK. Also very cheap $0.02

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post