SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rare P-226 Sold On-Line
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rare P-226 Sold On-Line Login/Join 
Picture of mhanna77
posted
I was watching, perhaps some of you were as well, this strange P226 sell on one of the big auction sites. I was drawn to it as a W. German with some unique equipment as a curiosity but was ultimately surprised to see it sell for big money. Anyone have insight as to what the story is? Looks like an early attempt at a rail mounted laser/light device with some interesting controls.

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh, noes, one of those Nightstalkers? Eek
I'm surprised they didn't hang a microwave to it.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
it needs an RMR

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I remember those.

It plays a SIMON tune and you have to match it to fire. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
This thing sold for some serious scratch, what gives?? The frame looked seriously marked up from all the garb and the slide had been molested too. I don't get the 2k+ sale price.

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhanna77:
This thing sold for some serious scratch, what gives?? The frame looked seriously marked up from all the garb and the slide had been molested too. I don't get the 2k+ sale price.

It only takes a couple persons who wanted it bad enough for whatever reasons.

On the other side of the coin, the P228 Nightstalker has been on GB a few times, and no one even touched them.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I also remembered these. The shop I worked in got a couple of these. One had to be sent back for electronic problems.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Wilcox, wasn't it?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post