SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 parts kits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 parts kits Login/Join 
posted
Any of those P228 complete parts kit for sale? Checked the inter web with no luck.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mike718
posted Hide Post
Nope those are rare now. I was lucky I was able to purchase the parts kits which included everything expect the frame a few years back. They rarely pop up on GB but they do if you catch it at the right time.

Posts: 177 | Location: VA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Full Service Package or SIG Service Package (if you need new night sites) should get you everything you need. May cost a bit more than doing it yourself, but you do get inspection by their smiths.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a slide and barrel. Either P228 or P229 legacy 9mm.

Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
Any of those P228 complete parts kit for sale? Checked the inter web with no luck.

When these kits became available they were an unbelievable price because there were so many of them. Having said that, you may find one occasionally on G.B. or Ebay but they have gone way up in price to reflect the current shortage of them now.

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phoenix distributors on gunbroker has been putting one up on Tuesdays and ending on Saturdays for the last few weeks. Prices have been in the low $200 range.

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Norman.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman524:
Phoenix distributors on gunbroker has been putting one up on Tuesdays and ending on Saturdays for the last few weeks. Prices have been in the low $200 range.

Holy cow! For some springs!?!?

I definitely send it in for the Full service package at $85.00 plus shipping. Even at $65 to ship, which I'm sure you can do better, then your only at $150 total.

Here's what they sent back after replacing mine with Full Service Package. It does include everything in the parts kit right, or is there something else included I'm unaware of? It appears they replaced every single spring, pin, and grip screws. I also had what I think is an extractor spring replaced as well which is not in the parts kit.

I'd call SIG.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The factory service with the night sights installed is a good deal except for the $55 shipping which ruins it.
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Full Service Package or SIG Service Package (if you need new night sites) should get you everything you need. May cost a bit more than doing it yourself, but you do get inspection by their smiths.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Norman524:

Holy cow! For some springs!?!?

I definitely send it in for the Full service package at $85.00 plus shipping. Even at $65 to ship, which I'm sure you can do better, then your only at $150 total.

Here's what they sent back after replacing mine with Full Service Package. It does include everything in the parts kit right, or is there something else included I'm unaware of? It appears they replaced every single spring, pin, and grip screws. I also had what I think is an extractor spring replaced as well which is not in the parts kit.

I'd call SIG.

Not the same thing he's talking about- he is referring to the "all-but-the-frame" from demilled guns.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
he is referring to the "all-but-the-frame" from demilled guns.

I'll check where mom's BF get his, he's built a couple of 228/9s from unmilled frames. Pretty sure he got the slides on eBay, I'm guessing the same for the parts kits.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis