SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 X-Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 X-Carry Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Ok so I am thinking about going and picking one up on the way home. So if you think I am making a mistake tell me and why.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
It's not a mistake. I was so happy with mine that I promptly dumped my P320 compacts (two of them), then I turned that money into a P320 X-Five.

Here's the first mag out of my X-Carry

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
It's not a mistake. I was so happy with mine that I promptly dumped my P320 compacts (two of them), then I turned that money into a P320 X-Five.

Here's the first mag out of my X-Carry

To be honest that’s sort of what I was thinking. I recently picked up a P365 and was thinking I needed an X-Carry and maybe an X-Five down the road. If I go that route everything would be on the same basic platform.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
Definitely not a mistake from my point of view. I picked up my X Carry and not long afterward my compact was gifted to my son.

After enough testing, it probably will make its way into the carry rotation!

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
My X carry has become my favorite. I shoot it better than other guns. It points naturally, and I like having 18 rounds available. Now what to do with all my Glocks!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
Ok so you guys didn't talk me out of it. I bought it on the way home and its cleaned and ready for the first trip to the range in the morning.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift, but Sig has the X-Carry grip modules in stock. I’m thinking about getting one for my 320.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My x Carry was a jam machine for the first 100 rounds. Then it straightened up and has been fine since.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
My X-Carry has run flawlessly since round one. A very accurate and pleasure to shoot handgun.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot one at a demo day. Nice, but not much different than my regular Carry. And there doesn't appear to be any plans for Large X grip modules, so I'm staying pat.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I made it to the range today and I was very pleased with he X-Carry. I only fired 100 rounds but I was able to cut the X out of the target.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Had my newish X-Carry at the range yesterday. First round was fine, after that it went jam-o-magic. Failures to extract 2nd, 3rd, 4th round. Thought it might be the cheap Remingington Value Pak 115gr ammo, so went to hotter 124gr Blazer Brass. Same problem starting with first round.

I was a it pissed, only second time it has been to range and it had no failures the first trip.

Looking it over, I realize the extractor is missing. I start looking around the floor and find it about 4 feet away at my five o’clock.

Looks ok, trying to figure out how it ejected itself. Then it hit me, I replaced the slide rear caps on my P320’s with some laser engraved ones. Best guess is when I had it off, the extractor pin on the spring loaded plunger didn’t get engaged properly and the first round launched the extractor.

Did a quick re-install and it worked fine for the next 70 rounds.

And like others, my X-Carry quickly led to my X-Five and selling off of my TacOps and RX P320’s.

Still have the .45 P320’s, at least until the come out with X versions in .45ACP...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Looking it over, I realize the extractor is missing. I start looking around the floor and find it about 4 feet away at my five o’clock.

It is a common mode of failure that if a case ruptures or bursts in the P320 the extractor can leaves the gun, it is held in place by a spring plunger. For P320 owners I would suggest keeping a spare one from Numrich

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Question? Does P320X carry use same magazines as the P320 compact? I'm thinking it does but looking for conformation. In Maryland we can't have 17 rounders shipped into state. Thanks Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
Question? Does P320X carry use same magazines as the P320 compact? I'm thinking it does but looking for conformation. In Maryland we can't have 17 rounders shipped into state. Thanks Chris

No. The compact magazines are 15 round mags, the X Carry mags are 17 round mags. Have you checked with SIG to see if they have fascist-state compliant magazines available?

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Thanks will do. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my X carry 3 weeks ago and love it as a ccw. I’ve shot over mixture of 400 rounds of FMJ and JHP with no issues and find it extremely accurate to date.

Posts: 191 | Location: TX,USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that my next purchase will be a P320 X-Five and send it over to Bruce Gray. I plan to start shooting some local matches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: onpointgun,

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
My target from today at 10 yards all 3 magazines emptied into the target.