SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 DAO to DA/SA help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 DAO to DA/SA help Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys, I just bought a used Sig P229 off of GunBroker. It is DAO not DAK. I have been researching how to convert it back to DA/SA, but mine does not appear to be a typical DAO version. All of the other DAO SIG P series that I've seen have a bobbed hammer. Is it possible that mine was converted from DA/SA to DAO? I'm trying to make this determination so that I will know exactly what parts I will need to convert it.

This is my first Sig, so I know I may not be providing enough information for you to be able to answer my question. If that is the case let me know. This is my first post on this forum and I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Most DAO SIG pistols have hammers with a spur that makes it look very similar to a DA/SA hammer externally.
Your gun does not have a decocking lever, so it is almost certainly a DAO gun presently.

To convert to DA/SA, you need a DA/SA hammer and decocker assembly (lever, bearing, and spring).

From the left, numbers three and four are DAO hammers (note the lack of a single action cocking notch on the bottom surface); number three (with the spur) is the more common version in my experience.

And welcome to the forum. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, that's great. That is exactly what I needed to know. That was painless. I really appreciate your help.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post