SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster for P220 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for P220 10mm Login/Join 
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted
I am waiting on the arrival of a P220 in 10mm that I purchased. I would like to get a duty/woods type hip holster. Options seem to be limited due to the 5" barrel. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received one of these for my P220 Elite SAO 10mm:

Diamond D Guides Choice Chest Holster

Quality is top notch, it is customizeable (I opted for the flap), easy on and off and allows gor a couple of options on how to wear it.

Oops.. Just reread the OP and noticed you asked about a hip holster. I believe they make one as well.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it dimensionally identical to a "regular" P220? Admittedly, I'm just looking at the Legion series since those are the only Sig Sauer pistols I own, but it appears the dimensions of the two Legion models, at least, are the same.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
Isn't it dimensionally identical to a "regular" P220? Admittedly, I'm just looking at the Legion series since those are the only Sig Sauer pistols I own, but it appears the dimensions of the two Legion models, at least, are the same.

The slide on the 10mm P220 is longer than the regular P220.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The 10mm 220 does not fit a .45 220 holster, even a 5" .45. The slide is ~.070" thicker.

I have one coming, this month hopefully, from Andrews Leather. Ordered 10 months ago. I believe BRL on this forum makes some models for the 10mm 220. BladeTech makes an OWB kydex model, but the last time I looked it was not in their gun list on the site, so you have to call to order it. That's the one I have been using so far. The way they have them listed is a bit misleading. Make sure you specify 5" barrel and the action type, DA/SA or SAO. BladeTech shipped mine promptly.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might get in touch with Simply Rugged Holsters. Their pancake holster should make a great woods rig.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Here are a few photos of a holster from Forum Member BRL. He made it for his SIG 220 SAO 10mm and then at a later date sold it to me as slightly used.

If I had ordered it for myself I probably wouldn't have got the "distressed" leather finish. But since I use it almost exclusively for hunting I figured it really didn't matter.
It is very nicely made and fits a SIG P220 SAO 10mm well.

DSC01177 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01174 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01172 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01171 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01168 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had ho have one custom made to fit the 10. Money well spent.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
You might get in touch with Simply Rugged Holsters. Their pancake holster should make a great woods rig.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like the Cattleman model might be what I am looking for.

posted Hide Post
While not a good choice for yout application. I have a crossbreed supertuck designed for a p220 that fits my p226 40, p227, and p220 10mm. All of them have great retention. May look into if they offer an owb option or else the custom option. I've been thinking about getting an owb garret industries one for the 10mm after hearing good things about them. Hope you find a good one.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For competition, you cannot beat the BladeTech traditional OWB holster for the 10mm. It's not listed on their site, you have to call them to order it.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying EDC in a very nice Ted Blocker pancake style holster they made for me about two years ago. As mentioned above the slide is longer (5 in. barrel) than the stock 220 45, but Blocker made it to fit just fine. They aren't the speediest in the world (nearly 2 mos), but I'm sure you will like the result.

Pilotka
NRA Lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The Diamond D holsters, both belt and chest rigs, are superb and worth it. I currently have their chest rig for my 220 10mm, and it's very comfortable - just got back from another week long caribou trip, where it rode along and even finished one off.

I've also got one inbound from El Paso Saddlery, that I ordered a few months ago - thinking about that, I'm hoping it's inbound soon! Almost forgot about it....

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

For competition, you cannot beat the BladeTech traditional OWB holster for the 10mm. It's not listed on their site, you have to call them to order it.

Yes they were very helpful when I called and I had the holster in about a week.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post