SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hk usp 45 barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hk usp 45 barrels Login/Join 
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted
I picked one up the other day from lgs, and looking at the barrel i want to purchase another one, but have no idea how hard it is to find one. Anyone know about them? Like will h&k parts have some back in fairly soon or is there a place that carries them?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I believe that Jarvis Custom makes replacement barrels for the USP line.

What is wrong with the barrel on the pistol that you purchased?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I would just like the rifling to be better. Its still there, just wish was more pronounced

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Maybe the polygonal rifling is deceiving your eyes? It always seems shallower than traditional cut rifling to mine.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
See now being told that it doesn't seem so bad.

posted Hide Post
unless you got the ONE in a million that has been shot 100K+ rounds it is fine. really. But USP barrels are generally available.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
unless you got the ONE in a million that has been shot 100K+ rounds it is fine. really. But USP barrels are generally available.

I have one that i stopped counting after 50k. That was in 2010. Standard usp's should all be polygonal rifleing

There are multitudes of usp barrels. Hk's p8 iirc is traditional rifleing though.

Hkparts, topgunsupply have barrels pretty regularly.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the rifling has been worn out of an HK barrel then the gun has had THOUSANDS of rounds run through it.

Any sane person should be instinctively skeptical when all the smart people agree. Mark Steyn

Posts: 165 | Location: WNC | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It is very likely the polyagonal rifling. If you are not used to what it looks like you might mistake for a shot out barrel.

If your USP 45 is shot out it has seen a helluva hard life. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post