SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig Rebate: 2 mags and a bag
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig Rebate: 2 mags and a bag Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I submitted my paperwork electronically on Aug. 25 and have yet to receive a reply other than a submission-received email on Sept. 18. I’ve checked my spam folder and snail mailbox regularly.

I can see on the website that I should have received one response, and am possibly waiting for another. Unfortunately I have had a lot of trouble calling them during their business hours.

I’m hoping I get a chance to try calling tomorrow.

Not happy at all.

Posts: 16 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
For something that should be incredibly easy to set up they sure did manage to punch themselves in the face and annoy a whole bunch of customers all at once.

Springfield had their 4 free mags and a holster deal back during the summer I submitted info online and a month later got a box of goodies in the mail. That's how you make a happy customer.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I registered for the rebate end of August, I have yet to get a code. I spoke with some one from the rebate center 1 Nov and I was told that everything was approved and I would get a code any day now.

I have yet to get a code so I called back today and I was told that it would be a couple more weeks before I would get a code and to just keep waiting. I was also told that I only had until 31 Dec to use the code. When I asked to talk to someone that could better explain the hold up I was told that I had to write a formal letter to talk to anyone else at the company. I was provided a P.O. box address, I plan to write a letter and get it in the mail today. (On a side note what type of company makes people write letter to request more info)

This is frustrating because who knows when I will get the code and I have to hope that the items are in stock before the promotion is over.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After you talk to Sig CS, a few days later you will get an email survey wanting to know your experience with CS. There is a space at the end for your comments. I rated my CS person as excellent but gave them an earful on the promo people.
Who knows if anyone will read it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can feel your pain. Talk about a run around. Upper management needs to get involved and get it straightened out. This isn't making Sig look very good.
I have talked to Sig's CS a few times and never received a survey. They might be randomly picked.

I'm the type if I like something I let it be known but it goes the other way to if I get poor CS or like you guys a run around.
I used to be a die hard Ruger fan and now I won't consider another Ruger after what I've gotten over the last few years from them. 4 brand new guns replaced because of defects but that's another story. Thankfully Ruger has top notch CS.

I really wish you guess luck, unfortunately it looks like you are going to need some.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted Hide Post
It's been 3 months and I haven't gotten any rebate yet. When I called they said it will take a few more weeks. They didn't have any definite dates for me they just said to call back and wait. Yeah I'm pretty frustrated. I never had any problem with a Walther rebate or the Heckler & Koch rebate.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'm finally allowed to check my rebate status on the SIG access site, which of course doesn't really tell anyone a thing this "early" in the process (one month in). But based on what's already been discussed here in the thread, I suspect that now is when the REAL turmoil will begin.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Received my OD Bag and my 2 - 15 round P226 Magazines for my Legion today. I have to say as frustrating as the wait was, it is well worth it!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My bag and 2 mags are on the way!!!!!

Entered Sept 3rd for an SP2022. Shipped 11/16 via fed-ex ground.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My bag and 2 mags are on the way!!!!!

Entered Sept 3rd for an SP2022. Shipped 11/16 via fed-ex ground.

Good deal, I'm glad it's finally happening for you. I'm sure you are too!

I just saw Rick_Perry got his. Congrats guys. Like they say you can't give up.

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Hopefully mine will follow soon, 9/21

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2190 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
Hopefully mine will follow soon, 9/21

It's hard to figure how they are doing these rebates. I registered for mine along with the Upgrade on 9/13th and I got my mags and bag about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I still haven't received my upgrade shipping label.
Good luck!

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Just called and checked on mine. Submitted 9/21 and still "being processed". The CS Rep told me to call back if my code doesn't arrive by Dec 4th.

CS Rep was very polite.

Wonder why this takes SO LONG? Understaffed? Or if we make it difficult enough, you will eventually FORGET about it and WE save money?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chrob27:
Just for another point of reference: I applied for the promotion third week of August. Received verification code September 5th. Called to check on status October 17th. I was told that they made in error (something about my serial number) and they verbally gave me a new verification code and told me I can call back if my promo code was not received by October 31st, but that they do not issue the codes nor do they have any control over that part of the process. With that information in mind, I called Sig directly on November 7th and was told the response to the promotion was "overwhelming", their "IT Dept." is issuing the codes, and to "hold tight". So here I am, "holding tight" as I type this. It's been approximately 11 weeks.

Update: I received my redemption code today 11/17/17.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite frankly, I'm beyond frustrated with this. Waited literally weeks for the coupon codes for two pistol purchases. Excited, I get onto the Sig store and though I've very carefully selected one of the only two bags you are allowed to select (the OD one is now out of stock), it rejects my discount code(s). It says clearly on the email "only selected magazines" are included. How about a hint, Sig? How about a list of those magazines since I've tried 12 different ones and all are rejected? Yeesh. Talk about a great way to make a freebie into a frustration extravaganza.

I guess I'll call them on Monday and see if they can unscrew this up.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted Hide Post
Call Sig customer service. I had the same problem today and they just ordered it for me and sent me email confirmation that they've been ordered. My promo code didn't work on their site so the lady at Sig Sauer customer service ordered for me directly and sent the email confirmation to me

quote:
Originally posted by Rucker:
Quite frankly, I'm beyond frustrated with this. Waited literally weeks for the coupon codes for two pistol purchases. Excited, I get onto the Sig store and though I've very carefully selected one of the only two bags you are allowed to select (the OD one is now out of stock), it rejects my discount code(s). It says clearly on the email "only selected magazines" are included. How about a hint, Sig? How about a list of those magazines since I've tried 12 different ones and all are rejected? Yeesh. Talk about a great way to make a freebie into a frustration extravaganza.

I guess I'll call them on Monday and see if they can unscrew this up.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Just for another point of reference: I applied for the promotion third week of August. Received verification code September 5th. Called to check on status October 17th. I was told that they made in error (something about my serial number) and they verbally gave me a new verification code and told me I can call back if my promo code was not received by October 31st, but that they do not issue the codes nor do they have any control over that part of the process. With that information in mind, I called Sig directly on November 7th and was told the response to the promotion was "overwhelming", their "IT Dept." is issuing the codes, and to "hold tight". So here I am, "holding tight" as I type this. It's been approximately 11 weeks.

Update: I received my redemption code today 11/17/17.

Another Update: Same thing here. My redemption code is invalid. I consider myself a very patient and empathetic man. For me this has entered into the realm of inexcusable.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like blackwaterp226 suggested, I'll give Customer Service a call. I'm sure they'll set it right, but I wonder if they realize that they are costing themselves double the effort they would have expended if they'd just set this up correctly in the first place. Smile

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought three guns during this promotion, the first one on 8/18. when I finally called it turned out I had screwed up the SN, and the lady gave me a new reference number. That's fine, my bad. I just got back from a cruise and found two emails with redemption codes, presumably for the two guns purchased later and entered correctly. NO indication of which code is for what gun. Tried to redeem them and failed no matter which mags I selected. What a fiasco! On the bright side when I got home I found my ammo and mags and magloader from the S&W promotion.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my (black) bag and mags. Nice bag ... doubt I would have ever bought one but it is nice. Two free mags ... can’t beat that. Worth the wait.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post