SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig Rebate: 2 mags and a bag
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig Rebate: 2 mags and a bag Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My invalid S/N issue seems to be resolved after calling CS. I believe my mags/bag are being shipped as I type this.

If I get the mags/bag in the next week or so, then I will again feel happy.

Good deal. Let us know if you actually get the bag and mags. I'm sure you will. They ship it Fed Ex Smart Post so it takes awhile getting there.I actually got mine 2 days earlier then the tracking showed. That was a big surprise.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of disappointed in Sig CS this morning. After reading about some folks here who received help after calling customer service concerning their rebate I decided 7 weeks was long enough to wait. So, I called Sig CS this morning;spoke to Mike and he essentially blew me off with "it's in the hands of a third party and we have nothing to do with it and it takes 8 to 12 weeks to get your rebate so just be patient". 8 to 12 weeks really??? I received my first rebate in 4 or 5. So, I guess I'm just pissed and venting!

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting on processing to approve the 2nd purchase rebate. These delays and third party issues can turn a good thing(rebate) into a black eye for Sig. I agree with your being disappointed, same boat here.

Posts: 25 | Registered: July 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just for another point of reference: I applied for the promotion third week of August. Received verification code September 5th. Called to check on status October 17th. I was told that they made in error (something about my serial number) and they verbally gave me a new verification code and told me I can call back if my promo code was not received by October 31st, but that they do not issue the codes nor do they have any control over that part of the process. With that information in mind, I called Sig directly on November 7th and was told the response to the promotion was "overwhelming", their "IT Dept." is issuing the codes, and to "hold tight". So here I am, "holding tight" as I type this. It's been approximately 11 weeks.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more I read on here I realize how some of us who already received them were pretty lucky. I can't believe the problems a company like Sig has created for themselves. They should have control of the so called 3rd party. I'll bet they'll get their ducks in line before they do another rebate like this one.

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like CS Mike just did not want to go the distance to help you. And "overwhelming"? BS! They have run promos like this in the past so they should have a good idea as to the response.
Keep calling Sig until you get results.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Sounds like CS Mike just did not want to go the distance to help you. And "overwhelming"? BS! They have run promos like this in the past so they should have a good idea as to the response.

+ 1 keep calling until they get tired of hearing from you or you're on a first name basis. I'm really surprised as good of service I've gotten in the past from Sig's CS.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruger Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

+ 1 keep calling until they get tired of hearing from you or you're on a first name basis. I'm really surprised as good of service I've gotten in the past from Sig's CS.

I talked to Amy at Sig CS and she was no help. She basically said they can't help with the promo's. She told me to call the promo phone number. I explained that I did and she said sorry I can't help. I could tell she was giving me the brush off.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI: I called Sig CS last week. The call taker said he would get back to me. He never called back.

I called the 800 number on the rebate site. That call taker was helpful. She said my original request was rejected because my model was not on the original list. Then Sig entered an updated list and my entry was accepted. I ended up with two claim numbers. One for my submission and one the "fulfillment center" entered when my model was added to the list.

She said I should have received a rejection notice for the original number but the second number is approved and I should look for an email or letter with my claim number.

I asked when I would get the email. She said it would take awhile.

I am impatient and I'm not happy. This was poorly implemented and handled.

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something else may have happened. Look how many people have viewed this thread:
9800+
I would bet quite a few these of folks called Sig to complain.
And now Sig and the promo people have had a heart to heart, with Sig unhappy. And the promo people have asked Sig to stop trying to resolve the situation by cutting the promo people out of the deal.
Speculation, of course.
But it would explain why some of us prevailed with Sig CS and others have not.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I received my code early this morning. I picked up two P226 15 round magazines for my Legion and the OD Green Bag. Really simple.

Since Sig CS was no help when I called, I guess I just had to wait it out.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is actually very disheartening that SIG would let this turn into this bad of a clusterfug. HK's rebate they did for the 4 free mags for VP9's was flawless, and went off beautifully. Sig is taking this one on the chin, and is not gonna be a gold star for them with regards to new SIG customers that are seeing this as the first CS experience with them. It's a good thing I buy them because of the gun quality, not the CS experience. Still awaiting my second and third rebates from SIG to process for my mags/bag.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Got my code as well this morning. Just ordered my mags too.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The more I think about this...just who in the hell is SIG sharing my s/n AND my name and address with? And after reading all of these 'issues', I also have to wonder just how secure is any of this data? Two magazines and a stupid range bag isn't even close to being worth it.

And yes I'm still waiting for MY s/n to be ruled 'invalid' before I have to make the stupid phone calls to whomever.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZYALTR:
This is actually very disheartening that SIG would let this turn into this bad of a clusterfug. HK's rebate they did for the 4 free mags for VP9's was flawless, and went off beautifully. Sig is taking this one on the chin, and is not gonna be a gold star for them with regards to new SIG customers that are seeing this as the first CS experience with them. It's a good thing I buy them because of the gun quality, not the CS experience. Still awaiting my second and third rebates from SIG to process for my mags/bag.

I sent my info into S&W for their Summer Rebate on 9/16/17 and when I look on the rebate inquiry page, it shows no record after almost 8 weeks! I try calling the number and you get a recording. Try to leave a message to ask about it and it says the mailbox is full. So it's not just Sig.

posted Hide Post
So I have the code ... when I go the "store" and order my mags and bag, where is the place to enter the code? Does it come up after I click on "Place Order Now"?

EDIT ...Went back and found it.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my code this morning after initially applying 9/16 Did a status check out of curiosity, and it still shows as "We have received your submission and it is being processed", so evidently the notification process isn't perfect.
But since it took right at 8 weeks, I'm happy with the results. Went online and ordered my stuff from Sig. The waiting process starts again.

@R K9 J--if you look, you should see a box asking for a coupon code. It should come up during the process of ordering but BEFORE you actually place your order. After the code is entered and accepted, the total for your order should show ZERO charges for the merchandise total and also ZERO charges for shipping charges.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I sent my info into S&W for their Summer Rebate on 9/16/17 and when I look on the rebate inquiry page, it shows no record after almost 8 weeks!

FYI, for the Shield rebate site just enter your last name and zip, don't populate all the fields. Hope that helps. Sorry for the thread drift.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also received my discount code this morning and submitted my order right after that. All went well so far and hopefully two mags and an OD bag will be on its way soon. 7.5 weeks in all after accepting my admission.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I sent my info into S&W for their Summer Rebate on 9/16/17 and when I look on the rebate inquiry page, it shows no record after almost 8 weeks!

FYI, for the Shield rebate site just enter your last name and zip, don't populate all the fields. Hope that helps. Sorry for the thread drift.

I've tried it everyway I could. No records found. I submitted a email to S&W CS to see if they can help.