SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig Rebate: 2 mags and a bag
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig Rebate: 2 mags and a bag Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ok.... So I called them back today for my "updated" tracking number. After several excuses about the high volume of invalid (which are actually valid) submissions and the intense efforts to resolve this situation, I was told to.... Call back in 10 days for an "updated" tracking number! Mad
So.... Hang up with those folks and call Sig to tell them about how the people they hired to admin this promo are screwing it up. Sig told me they will look into it and get back to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It almost sounds like they don't want to be bothered. I'd be on the phone asking for the CEO or the top dog and let him get to the bottom of it. All they are doing is telling you anything and hope you forget about it or just go away.
I'm surprised I've always gotten good service from Sig's C.S. reps.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Final Update!
Two hours after the call to Sig CS, I received my discount code via e-mail. Two hours for Sig to take care of the problem. I should have called when I was first given the run around.
Great customer service (no surprise) from Sig.
If you are getting the run around from the promo admin people, call Sig and report it.

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I might have to do what you did and call Sig instead of the rebate company. The rebate company rep stated that my original serial number was invalid, but then they re-entered it and it became valid again recently. I'll call Sig tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the information.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Final Update!
Two hours after the call to Sig CS, I received my discount code via e-mail. Two hours for Sig to take care of the problem. I should have called when I was first given the run around.
If you are getting the run around from the promo admin people, call Sig and report it.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm finally shown on the "Check status" page as being processed. Took over a month just to show up. So progress....I guess?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Final Update!

Ok, I'm going to do this in the morning. I'm PISSED about the whole thing. I assume just the customer service line is the one to call.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10899 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep... Just call the regular CS line. Have your serial number handy so they can check and verify it.
Also, after getting the code and applying it on the order form, it will show a zero payment. But you still have to enter your CC number to get the order through.
There will be no charge to the card.

posted Hide Post
Glad I seen this, thank you!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I'm finally shown on the "Check status" page as being processed. Took over a month just to show up. So progress....I guess?

Mine has been in that status for 5 weeks now.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
So do we have to call and harass Sig in order to ever receive anything? Sure sounds like it...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So has mine.

I called Sig CS today. The guy on the phone was nice. He took my info and said he would look into it and call me back. I have not gotten a call yet. I'll let you know what I hear.

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FWP:
quote:

So has mine.

I called Sig CS today. The guy on the phone was nice. He took my info and said he would look into it and call me back. I have not gotten a call yet. I'll let you know what I hear.

For the folks that have called Sig CS - How long ago did you submit your info for the rebate? Was wondering how long should I wait until contacting them? Thanks!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel fortunate getting mine almost 2 weeks ago with all the run around you guys have been getting.
If something isn't right I'd get on that phone and call Sig CS directly. The longer you wait probably the harder it will be to get this straightened out.
As I have mentioned before the few times I called Sig's CS I got everything resolved and they were very good to deal with. I'm getting impatient though waiting for my P320's Upgrade shipping label though but there is no time limit where the Rebates had a cut off date if I remember correctly. I wouldn't wait a few minutes of your time might be all it takes to get your rebate offer.

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Still have a week and a half before I can even check on the status of things; my 30-day purgatory is still in effect. A pretty damn stupid rebate system if I were to be asked, but then no one at SIG is likely doing any of that kind of asking.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was submitted on 8-17. I don't expect next day service on these rebates but 30 days seems reasonable. If I hadn't called Sig it would have gone nearly 90 days without any resolution.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but taking that long just in getting the online application processed to the point where someone can track the progress seems excessive to me given this tech-oriented day and age that we live in. Plus others already seem to have these kinds of processes dialed in.

It's a poorly kept secret that every year Ruger offers an incentive program to gun sales staff of their dealers, whereby selling said Ruger firearms nets those individuals points that can be applied towards various Ruger merchandise, including guns. Because I'm now doing more back-of-the-house stuff at work, this past rewards season I really didn't have much opportunity to sell as many guns on the floor, let alone pimping Rugers. But somehow I still garnered enough points to get a firearm. The info and sales validation paperwork was sent in (by snail mail, no less) right at the deadline. I got the 'received' email by the end of the week, the 'processing' email two or three business days later, and now a confirmation email at three+ weeks that the points have been validated and accepted. Gun is inbound, one month's time.

Granted SIG's redemption people probably have a ton more individuals to process (it's based on individual gun sales, after all) but it's not like Ruger has it easy either. They have to validate each point before they start shipping guns out (for example, redeeming the RPR costs 650 points; that's a LOT of paperwork confirmation to go through when every LCP II, LCR and LC9 sale is worth only 5 points). True that Ruger's staff is experienced at this since the program's been going on for years, but therein lies the reasoning for my expectations in the speediness of any redemption processing.

And no, I didn't earn enough points for a Precision Rifle. I only wish I did.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine was submitted on 8-17. I don't expect next day service on these rebates but 30 days seems reasonable. If I hadn't called Sig it would have gone nearly 90 days without any resolution.

Not to throw salt in your wounds. I registered mine on line for the Rebate and the Upgrade on 9/13. I got my rebate on 10/21. If you submitted your's almost a month earlier you might want to check where it is.

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I received the registration confirmation on 8/19. I checked the status a few days ago, and it said I should receive it by 10/29. I didn't get anything, so I called the rebate people today. The person I spoke to said that some serial numbers don't get approved even though the gun's model number is on the list. Apparently, that happened to mine but the decision was reviewed and it was ultimately approved. Anyway, now I'm told I should receive the code by the end of November. We'll see.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made three purchases during the rebate period. I have received one of range bags and mags but the other two have are still being processed (about three weeks so far after the 30 day period).

So, today I called the rebate people and the lady I spoke with was very nice. She looked up my record and told me they were all approved but I just have to wait for the purchase code to be generated and emailed. So I asked her how long that generally takes and she didn't know cause they have nothing to do with the codes. She also mentioned that if I didn't receive the code in 15 days call back and she would help me get the code, which doesn't make sense since she told me that they had nothing to do with generating the codes.
I'll give it another week and then I'll call Sig customer service and see if I can shake things up.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My invalid S/N issue seems to be resolved after calling CS. I believe my mags/bag are being shipped as I type this.

If I get the mags/bag in the next week or so, then I will again feel happy.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10899 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post