SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Locked breech, dual stack .380
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locked breech, dual stack .380 Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Locked breech.380s have much softer recoil, and easier to rack slides, than blow-back pistols. But I don't know of any locked breech, dual stack .380s. Does anyone know of one? Seems like a void in the market that SIG could fill with a dual stack version of the P238. The blow-back Beretta 84 has loyal adherents that could be converted.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I doubt anyone wants to put R&D funds into another .380 platform these days with all of the subcompact 9mm pistols hitting the market. I doubt it would sell, and I'm sure they do too...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think the Taurus PT 380s are locked breech.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
But I don't know of any locked breech, dual stack .380s. Does anyone know of one?

Seems like a void in the market that SIG could fill with a dual stack version of the P238.

Sig already tried it once before. The Sig P250 was offered for a time in .380, and it's a locked breech double stack. But they were discontinued. They're less common than the other calibers, but still show up from time to time on the used market, if you want one.

Other than that, the Taurus 138 and 638 and the SCCY CPX-3 are the only ones I could find. (But they're made by Taurus or SCCY, so not exactly top quality.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Bersa thunder plus I think meets your specifications. I have no range experience with the pistol though.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Bersa thunder plus I think meets your specifications.

The Bersa Thunders are blowback, not locked breech.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sccy CPX3 may be worth a look.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EAA Witness Pavona comes in 380. The mags hold 13 rounds.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the other Pavona calibers are locked-breach, the .380 is a blowback action.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see one of these that fit your specs.

This old thread from 10 years ago lists some of the offerings that have been attainable in the past.

Old technology now, but impressive back in the day.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post