SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol dilemna
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol dilemna Login/Join 
Picture of ldg397
posted Hide Post
Went to the range with my p30 and glock 43 and 19. If I let the targets decide I should sell everything except the glocks. That 43 was awesome and accurate no issues with 100 rounds. Worried since I bout it used for cheap. Works great. Rented a p320and really liked it except for the 6:00 hold. Very accurate.

The p30 trigger is very different from the glocks and my sigs. I don't think I have the time to learn a third trigger feel. It is very accurate smooth and flawless but just don't shoot it as well.

My only problem is I don't like any of the 45 glocks so I guess I will try the p320 if I can find one and make the 320 my silenced weapon platform since you can buy them ready. Looked at a 9 in this configuration and it was awesome.

Posts: 84 | Location: College Station, TX | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well "drop" is your middle name. I don't plan to drop mine. Yes, the new guns, plastic and striker fired, are throw-a-way type pistols that are easily replaced. To each his own.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody plans on dropping anything, right up to the moment they drop something. Funny play on my avatar name. lol

Seriously though, all steel guns do NOTHING better than plastic. It is in your head. Which is fine as long as you realize its a preference not an actual advantage.

Being argumentative I will unequivocally state that a firearm with replaceable parts will outlast one without. That is just the truth. That 1911 cracks at the rails and it is done. Plastic gun you buy a new 30 dollar frame and you are back in business.

Life marches on as does technology. I like old cars but I don't pretend like they are more reliable or "better" than the stuff they make today. Because they aren't.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to ADD to this collection not subtract
quote:
Originally posted by ldg397:
Looking to streamline my inventory of auto pistols.

I have the following:
P228 west German
Glock 19 with Austrian proofs
Glock 43
P220 sas compact w/ sig aep
Kimber pro tactical aluminum frame
Hk P30 9mm

I usually keep the glock beside the bed and don't really want to sell because of the Austrian proof marks. Sig p228 is a safe queen and 220 compact is very accurate but kind of large vs its capacity.

Thinking of selling a few and going with a p320 45 or 9. I like the idea of being able to change up the configuration for range/farm and concealed.

Least likely to sell would be the glock 19 and the kimber. Also the 43 got next to nothing in it so makes a good truck gun. What would you keep and what would you buy to supplement or replace.

I've got a .22 lr paycheck and .41 mag tastes

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Posts: 76 | Location: Dewitt, Iowa | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a glock 30s ?? .45 I really like mine.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post