SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone sent a pistol back to Walther?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone sent a pistol back to Walther? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
My buddy I traded with is having issues with the top round loading from the top of the magazine.

I called Walther for him and they said that they would send me a mailing slip to ship it back. (I have to call back with the serial number) The guy on the phone said that they needed some of the spent casings, which is no problem.

I am just curious if anyone has done this with this company specifically? Hopefully, they'll fix the pistol by doing whatever they do. It is the P22 model. I'm wondering if they work on it or replace it. I know it depends on each pistol but didn't know if anyone had any experience.

Thanks!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you how they'll address the issue you're describing except to say if a pistol is repairable, it won't be replaced, it'll be repaired.

I sent a PPS to Walther for the trigger recall. No problems, no complaints. Quick turnaround, and they shipped the pistol back to me in the original pistol box and with the plastic chamber flag in place, which is how I sent it to them.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Yes, I sent a P99 back that "ka-boomed." They replaced it without issue.
I called them with the problem, they sent me a FedEx shipping label.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Guys! I know that Walther is a good company. I was surprised the guy told me that they would send a shipping label and have fedex pick it up from my house and then return it!

Sounds like I don't have to worry whether they will fix it or not. That was my fear, they'll get it and send it back saying they couldn't find anything.

I had an issue with a Ruger once and I had to go to fedex to ship it but they took care of it with no issues. Still carry it to this day.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact that they sent you a prepaid shipping label says a lot.

Most companies these days only pick up the shipping if it’s clearly a manufacturer issue and not end-user error.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That's very true. Good point!

quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
The fact that they sent you a prepaid shipping label says a lot.

Most companies these days only pick up the shipping if it’s clearly a manufacturer issue and not end-user error.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I sent a P22 back to them a decade ago due to the slide cracking...

They replaced the slide and sent it back. No fuss. Granted I had probably nine thousand rounds thru it, but they never hicupped. Sent a label and returned it w/i two weeks.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent back my ppsm2 for the trigger recall. They sent me a Prepaid FedEx RMA tag. They returned it in about 3 days.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. All good news. I appreciate y’all sharing your experiences. I just want it fixed and it sounds like it’ll be fine.

I wish I knew what would cause it to not load the top round from the mag. I did read where there were some mag issues with the P22.

posted Hide Post
Good timing on this as I have a 12 year old P22 and was having an issue with the hammer not dropping all the way when firing after loading a magazine. I probably have 4000 rounds through it and it has been pretty reliable with CCI mini mags
Sent back to Walther 3 weeks ago and within ten days they called to say it was not going to be repaired and they sent me a new pistol. Pretty impressive.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I sent a Walther CCP and my PPS M2 back to the factory. They repaired the CCP and updated the PPS M2 as needed and shipped them back to me promptly (within a week or two at most). Frankly, I wish they'd just kept the CCP and provided a refund as it is a POS (IMHO), but that wasn't an option. The CCP and my other Walthers are well designed and well made.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
More good stories about Walther. Thank you for sharing.

I called back today and actually got the same guy on the phone. I’ll ship it out tomorrow. Regardless of what they do, I just want it fixed, obviously. It sounds like they’ll do everything they can to do so.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I think Walther did a good job on making this little pistol right. I received it back to my residence yesterday. They replaced everything but the frame. I fired six 10-round magazine through it. I had a couple of failure to loads and one failure to eject in the first couple of mags. I was just shooting bulk stuff. Everything went without a hitch after that.

I look at it as just a little initial break-in.

Kudos to Walther for paying for shipping both ways and replacing the slide, barrel and recoil spring. (the new recoil spring is captured)