SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best full size 9mm platform
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Poll Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best full size 9mm platform Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Curiosity at the opinion of the best full size platform... I get that a P226 Elite may beat a stock Glock 17, etc, but in general what is your favorite platform / family for a full size 9mm?

Question:
Which is your favorite full size 9mm platform?

Choices:
Sig P226
Beretta 92
Glock 17
Sig P320
HK P30
S&W M&P
HK VP9
Springfield XDm
Other

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't fired a lot of different 9X19 platforms, but the Browning HP-35 fits my hands very well. It also has a long history with a very good reputation.

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Other
CZ SP01

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hands down Glock. They check all the boxes. Reliable, accurate, easy to shoot, aftermarket parts out the wazoosky, affordable, light weight and easy to work on. You can do a complete detail strip with a ballpoint pen. They aren't necessarily the best at any one thing but no other guns can do everything like Glock.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Report This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I prefer metal-frame, hammer-fired guns. For me it's a CZ75BD.

posted Hide Post
The Glock has been around a while and have a few less parts and I like them never a problem with any I have or had over the years . I have been going with Sigs 320 in 9 lately loaded up with Fed 124 plus P HST and Desantis Holsters , mag prices are high on the Sigs and may be in short supply with all the new contracts their getting .

posted Hide Post
Sig P226 and G17 in that order, but they're close.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Also love the browning p-35 , but sig double action safety as i age wins .

posted Hide Post
I picked Glock 17.

I own seven of the guns listed if you count my standard XD. Only the P30 is missing.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
No love for the CZ 75B?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock 17

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Best for what. it matters.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always done my best shooting with the Beretta 92FS. Plus I like its reliability (4,500+ rounds through mine with no malfunctions). It's currently my HD gun, loaded with 147gr HST.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 - my daily carry

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I have a handful; M&P9, VP9, PPQ, 320, and probably another one I can't think of, but I just can't warm up to the strikers. I know the younger crowd and even some old guys like me think they are the shiznit, but I just like a good ole fashioned hammer. Give me a 226, 92 or P30.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted P226 but the Beretta 92, Cz75, Hi Power are terrific guns.

G17 is pretty good but I'd take a P320 over it just because the P320 fits me better.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
The poll is phrased 'what is your favorite platform'. For me, it's the glock 34. The more I shoot it the more fun I have. Laser accurate and flat shooting, I love 92s, 226s and such just as much as anyone else, but the g34 is it for me in a big 9.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I chose P30, but it was a wash between that and 226. 17 a close runner up. 92 not far behind that.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Easily 226 without a second of consideration.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
Glock 17

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Report This Post