SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield in .380 — sorta
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield in .380 — sorta Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Addition, the Sig 290RS and the Walther PK are both 380s.

Is Sig still producing the 290RS in .380? I haven't seen one available from distributors in quite a while.

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I'm getting closer to 75 every day, have a paralyzed right foot, and will be starting chemo for leukemia in the next week or so, this new S&W really interests me. I carry an LCP-II or G42 daily and have a 9mm on the night stand. But, with the foot brace off at night, balance sucks and the reduced recoil of this pistol sounds ideal if I am in a situation where I have to be on my feet and have to use a rollator for increased stability and shoot with only one hand. I've got a P-232 and PPK-s, but the recoil on this new Smith should be a lot less than the aforementioned.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like they are trying to copy Springfield's XD series with that grip safety.

You mean the grip safety Springfield copied from the 1911.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post