SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How close have you gotten to a "do all" handgun?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How close have you gotten to a "do all" handgun? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just one handgun?! For me it would be the S&W 686 4 inch. As long as I stay out of bear country it will take of the job.

Posts: 178 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reginaldcrumpepper:
The pistol that comes closest for me is the P365. It is what i carry when i hike in the mountains.

Hey, have you ever shot Buffalo Bore 147 grain hard cast +P out of it? I carry a Glock 26 with that ammo in the hills, but I am getting warmed up to the idea of buying a 365 for all-around carry.

Posts: 194 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
The G19 currently resides in 1st place with the G17 in 2nd.
I still want a hammer fired gun so Both would easily be replaced with an Hk P2000 in 9mm Da/Sa. Some quality training ... and a bunch of 124 gr. and some Ranger T Ammo. to fill the gap would get me to the DO ALL I need.

Posts: 5374 | Location: Near Sutters Fort.  | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe there is such a thing. The caliber I use for the street differs from the one I use for the woods. More appropriate perhaps is there a “do all” platform? In this case, it would be a Glock. G19 for the street. G29 for the woods.

Posts: 10996 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my heart | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Glock 19 as well, for sure.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 7019 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne:
quote:
The pistol that comes closest for me is the P365. It is what i carry when i hike in the mountains.

Hey, have you ever shot Buffalo Bore 147 grain hard cast +P out of it? I carry a Glock 26 with that ammo in the hills, but I am getting warmed up to the idea of buying a 365 for all-around carry.

No, haven't shot the Buffalo Bore; if i lived in Grizzly country, i certainly would. No real dangerous animals in the mountains around here. Perhaps people could be considered dangerous; maybe lion? My 365 is loaded with 124g Gold Dot, or Federal 124g HST. Have shot other 147g rounds; they worked fine.

Posts: 70 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne:
quote:

No, haven't shot the Buffalo Bore; if i lived in Grizzly country, i certainly would. No real dangerous animals in the mountains around here. Perhaps people could be considered dangerous; maybe lion? My 365 is loaded with 124g Gold Dot, or Federal 124g HST. Have shot other 147g rounds; they worked fine.

Thanks for replying. I found a P365 yesterday and shot some of the Buffalo Bore today. Using a Labradar chronograph, I got a 10 shot average of 1010, high 1035, low 994, ES 40, SD 11.8. With the Glock 26 Gen 4 that I carry in the woods with that load, I previously got a 5 shot average of 1036, SD 5. (That was with a traditional chronograph with screens about 5 yards from the muzzle, so the velocity may be a little slower than true MV.) The load perforated and exited 8-1 gallon water jugs when fired from the Glock 26.

Because you mentioned 124 Gold Dots (assuming standard pressure), today I shot 10 out of the P365 and got an average of 1047, High 1073, low 1015, ES 58, SD 23, compared to 5 shot averages of 1076 out of a Glock 26 and 1033 out of a Glock 43 (both with the traditional chrono).

Posts: 194 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The load perforated and exited 8-1 gallon water jugs

Wow! That is penetration.

Posts: 70 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
SIG PRO in 357 SIG. ammo cost kept it from perfection.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4287 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
My "do all" gun for 15 years was a P229/.40 (made in 1997)

However, after two successful sight swaps, SIG changed the cut on their sights and sight makers did too...now I can't get sights to fit properly.

Now my go-to is P320 or G19

Posts: 1486 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post