SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How close have you gotten to a "do all" handgun?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How close have you gotten to a "do all" handgun? Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrutro
posted Hide Post
The best do-it-all I've found to date is the HK VP9. With the understanding that me doing-it-all doesn't include stopping a bear.

Posts: 894 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: April 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
My CZ P-10C is #1 for me through approx 4000rds, its been perfect. I am also looking forward to picking up one of the CZ P-10S 9mm (sub-compacts) when they become available. I will more than likely also get one of the single stack sub-compact 9's when they become.

Biggy,

The single stack you referring to is it a “CZ” where you did stuble on this?

Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There really is no one handgun that do's all that I do with them. Smile

Posts: 21045 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Glock 32 gen4 it does the job well. Carry, home, and hiking.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corky:
I love my Sigs but the handgun that would be the last to go is my Smith 66 w/ 4"barrel. --c

Agree.

A midweight revolver chambered for 357 S&W Magnum (and could be used with 38 S&W Special ammunition) could be used for hunting, self-defense, high volume plinking and practice, and various forms of competition. It wouldn’t be ideal for any of those purposes, but it would be better for “all” than any other handgun I can think of. If I could have only one handgun and there was any possibility of doing all those things with it, the S&W model 66 with 4 inch barrel would be the one.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47361 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel the same as the wheel gun guys. My 4 inch ruger gp100 is my do all.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Corky:
I love my Sigs but the handgun that would be the last to go is my Smith 66 w/ 4"barrel. --c

Agree.

A midweight revolver chambered for 357 S&W Magnum (and could be used with 38 S&W Special ammunition) could be used for hunting, self-defense, high volume plinking and practice, and various forms of competition. It wouldn’t be ideal for any of those purposes, but it would be better for “all” than any other handgun I can think of. If I could have only one handgun and there was any possibility of doing all those things with it, the S&W model 66 with 4 inch barrel would be the one.

I do own this revolver and considered it, but decided that its lack of suitability as a concealed carry weapon eliminated it as a general purpose weapon. YMMV

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Closest thing is the G19 for me. Small enough to hide big enough to fight anything you'd fight with a handgun or run from something bigger. It takes lights and laser and cans. I can find parts anywhere. I can work on it with a pen. I easily shoot a perfect score with it though it's not my issued gun.

Posts: 3040 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I love my Sigs for OWB carry, I truly prefer my Kahr CM9 for pocket carry but if I had to pick one pistol that can do it all it would be my G27.
Add the .357sig barrel & it’s even better and you only lose 1/2” from the barrel over the G19/23.
It wouldn’t be perfect in every situation but it’d be very close and 100% doable.
I’m no Glock Fanboy, I honestly hate the trigger guard but once undercut it feels great.
IWB carry ? Flat base or +1 base, Yep
5 o’clock IWB carry? +1 base , Yes
OWB carry? G23 mag with X-Grip , yes.
Ferguson type disruption? Extended 22rd mag , Yes ! Wink

Need a laser ?

Light? Laser& light ?
No rail, no problem!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pistol that comes closest for me is the P365. It is what i carry when i hike in the mountains. It also comes with when i go to the hardware store, or grocery store. It is very nearly as accurate for me as a 229, 220, 227, or even a 629. Today whilst hunting it was in my pocket.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
My most do-all, is my Glock 21 SF RTF2.
Have a 10mm upper, with both .40SW and .357 Sig
Conversion barrels.

I have quite a broad range of uses covered when compounded with my G17 and its. 22 conversion.
9mm and 22

Covers most uses for the North East Continental US.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 20 for me, I have a 40 cal conversion barrel for cheaper practice, I can CC it, it’s also my choice as a woods gun when I’m hunting, hiking, fishing, camping etc....

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P239 in 357 Sig. I keep a 9mm barrel for cheaper practice and flexibility. Could easily pick. A 40 S&W also.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say Glock 19.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
4” S&W 65

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
I'm going to say one of my HK P30sk's. Easy enough to CCW. Very comfortable, and accurate at the range. Over built for long life. 10 or 13 rd. mags are my preference. I don't need a bear gun in Ohio. A year ago I would have said the G19. I have been converted.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4' 686-3. It's accurate with target loads, can handle defensive loads for both 2 leg and 4 leg threat. I've concealed carried it in NY. Luckily the cooler weather and prevailing fashions make it a little easier that some places.

Posts: 4540 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I would have to say the M&P 2.0 3.6” barrel.

I carry appendix so the 3.6” barrel is a nice advantage over the 4” of the 2.0 Compact or similar guns like the G19.

I can easily conceal the butt carrying appendix and I still have a large grip for smoother draws over subcompacts.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
All around? Only one? That would have to be the Glock 19. Just replaced my Gen 3 with the new Gen 5 and it’s the perfect do anything gun.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post