SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How close have you gotten to a "do all" handgun?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How close have you gotten to a "do all" handgun? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Sith 629 Mountain Gun. It may not excel in anything but it will do everything.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
My Ruger GP100 .357

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Where I live, IF I had one, it'd be any competent 1911 in 10mm.

For now, a GP 100 or a Smith model 19 will have to do.

I've got a 3 inch GP, that, although not deer legal here in Indiana, does everything else I might want quite nicely.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My sp2022 in 40 since it can fit the 357 sig and 9mm barrels. However, I would have to give the nod to my cz 75 compact that also has the kadet kit for 22lr. It would be my "Peacemaker" plus cheap plinking.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The first autopistol I bought was a 229/.40. Reasonably concealable, big enough for HD duties, powerful enough for a basic (non bear country) woods gun, enough capacity for comfort.

Other decent choices that I have bought since; 228, SP2002, and a GP 100. All are concealable, reasonably powerful, and will, with the right ammo, get the job done.

At this point, I own a decent toolkit. 1911s, .44 mags, 938 and a couple of .22s, so I can select the right gun for the conditions, including varied clothing, different threat situations, inclement weather and pure fun.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I have only owned one handgun for a full year and have no regrets about it:

G19

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Glorp 29, I suppose.

Urban/suburban CCW, decent enough woods-gun, etc.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna go with my recent purchase of the 19X.
Carry, nightstand and covers most else. I'm really loving this pistol. Seriously considering selling my other ones as they just collect dust now.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19, with a G17 mags (with x-grips) carried as extras.

I'll be honest, it's comforting to have 50 rounds available to dispense.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
P226

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Actually I am favoring the Sig P365 as best all around handgun. Mine right now lacks only a thumb safety, Sig Anti Snag and some sort of stainless look.

Pocket caries easily, very accurate, reliable so far (born 8-16-18), powerful, large capacity and reasonably priced.

I do have some 12 other handguns that will beat it in one or more categories, but are deficient in others.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320RX Full with threaded barrel
P365

I have the Glocks. Prefer the SIGs these days. With just some grip modules I have the equivalent of the 17/19/26 and with some Barsto barrels, a 34 AND 17L (my barsto threaded is actually the length of the 34. One serial number/many guns. 365 is just to damned good for concealed.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interesting opinions....A second vote for the P239 in 357sig...small enough to carry, flat shooting enough for varmints out to 100 yards...plenty of power for self defense...Its a shame it has been discontinued.

Posts: 44 | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I too will have to give the nod to the G19. Specifically for me it's a G19 Generation 5, easily concealed in a Crossbreed Supper Tuck, or in my RGrizzle CB. It also serves admirably as my nightstand gun wearing a Streamlight TR7 WL.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My do all pistol would be a P229 Legion. It checks a lot of boxes and does so with that awesome trigger.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I definitely don't use a single handgun as a "do all" gun, but if I had to choose the closest, I'd go with the HK P2000SK LEM. With flush base pads, it'll fit in a large pocket. With standard mags, it conceals easily IWB. With full-size P2000 or USP mags and X-Grip adapters, it turns into a duty size pistol or home defense gun. I was going to pick the Glock 26 (or G27/G33) since they also take full-size mags but I do prefer hammer-fired guns overall.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My "Do All" gun would have to be my trusty P228. Over the years it's been a carry gun, match gun, course gun, and hunting gun. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A Walther P99 AS 0.40 caliber with a threaded barrel, rail, and a suppressor for HD; USPSA, and CC. May not be bulleye accurate but it will group on a pie plate at 25 yards. A Glock 22 3rd gen would be a contender if it were accurized to match the Walther. And that suggests a Steyr L40 edging out the G22. Otherwise, a S&W N-frame in 0.357.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah still an HK P2000.

If I have to go striker Glock 19/23.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the Sig p225 as the single stacks are my preference. However the P228/P229 would sufffice. Definitely want an all metal pistol if im going through hell

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post