SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone own a Wilson EDC X9S?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own a Wilson EDC X9S? Login/Join 
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted
I just looked at a Wilson X9S at my LGS and after dry firing etc. came away very impressed. Anyone have one. What are your longterm impressions. Is it worth the price? Would you buy it again?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I have shot one but it is not mine. It is smooth to shoot and beautiful to look at, a Truly fine pistol. My only criticism is the safety was a bit too easy to engage for me, I like a safety that requires a bit more engagement pressure.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the standard EDCX9, but not the X9S.

I looked at all three, chose the middle, standard model. I like it quite a bit.

Some time before long, I'm going to send it in to have the mag well put on.

It was a toss up for me between the longer model and the X9.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Picked up a EDC X9S today!

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use caution. If you're married, you're going to spend more time fondling that pistol than your wife. I hope she's understanding.

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Use caution. If you're married, you're going to spend more time fondling that pistol than your wife. I hope she's understanding.

This is a totally accurate statement LOL. Love this pistol! Just bought the aluminum pinky extension baseplates. Who makes holsters for this model?

posted Hide Post
Wilson has some great holsters.

For example: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/L...uctinfo/LPE9SBLSR15/

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Anyone know a good way to remove powder burns from the stainless steel crown on the EDC X9S?

posted Hide Post
Powder burns? You mean deposits from shooting, on the muzzle? Solvent.

Use a little Hoppe's 9. Just like any other firearm.

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Yes. Tried Break Free CLP with limited results so far. Guess I need a dedicated solvent.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Of the few dedicated carbon removers I’ve tried, Bore Tech has worked best for me.

https://www.boretech.com/products/c4-carbon-remover

A small bottle of Break Free CLP might be okay if we’re trying to minimize bulk and weight while humping through the jungle on a 10-day mission and we want something that will do everything sort of all right, but I would not rely on it when it’s possible to use better, more dedicated products.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Thanks I’ll check Bore-Tech out

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Thanks I’ll check Bore-Tech out

Wilson has a carbon remover that works well on my EDC X9. I get stubborn deposits on the crown and feedramp after a long range session.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post