SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I bought a P365 today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a P365 today Login/Join 
Picture of Alex35
posted
Made my choice after renting the P365, P365 SAS, and the Hellcat. It has an October 2019 build date. I took it apart and cleaned it when I got home. I think Sig dropped it on oil at the factory before they shipped it. Ordered some spare magazines too. I also found out the P365 fits in my G42 pocket holster.

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the P365 party pal Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
It's about time you got onboard. Let he who hath no P365 sell his Glock and buy one. Yeah... They are that awesome. Welcome to the team.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
What were the drawbacks of the Hellcat?

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:

1) Springfield Armory
2) Made in Croatia
3) It has the kind of name that will get you made fun of when mentioned in the company of adults

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I had no reason to get another, but Armslist locally can be bad for my wallet. I picked up a 2nd one for a stupid price yesterday. Eek

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
quote:

I didn't like the trigger compared to the P365. I was more accurate right from the start with the P365. Shooting them side by side I found the recoil on the Hellcat to have a sting after a few rounds. I felt very little recoil with the Sig.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I was finally able to at least handle and inspect a Hellcat at my LGS this week.

I must say, it does feel a little better in my hands. The trigger, while somewhat heavier than the 365, feels more solid. It's slightly larger than the 365, but not by much.

I'm waiting for the local indoor range to get one in their rental case to do a head to head comparison. I have no plans to ditch my 365 any time soon. I've had it for almost two years and 2k rounds. Love it as my BUG/EDC.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex35:
quote:

I didn't like the trigger compared to the P365. I was more accurate right from the start with the P365. Shooting them side by side I found the recoil on the Hellcat to have a sting after a few rounds. I felt very little recoil with the Sig.

Agreed.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you! How do you determine the date of manufacture on a 365 anyway?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Good for you! How do you determine the date of manufacture on a 365 anyway?

Label on the case.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
I was finally able to at least handle and inspect a Hellcat at my LGS this week.

I must say, it does feel a little better in my hands. The trigger, while somewhat heavier than the 365, feels more solid. It's slightly larger than the 365, but not by much.

I'm waiting for the local indoor range to get one in their rental case to do a head to head comparison. I have no plans to ditch my 365 any time soon. I've had it for almost two years and 2k rounds. Love it as my BUG/EDC.

Welcome to the P365 club Alex35. I have also only been able to hold a hellcat and I had a completely different experience, I didn't like the feel of it. I guess that's why they make so many different firearms each person has a different perfect fit. I will not be trading off the P365 or Glock 43 for a hellcat anytime soon

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

Welcome to the P365 club Alex35. I have also only been able to hold a hellcat and I had a completely different experience, I didn't like the feel of it. I guess that's why they make so many different firearms each person has a different perfect fit. I will not be trading off the P365 or Glock 43 for a hellcat anytime soon

The best advice I was given and that I pass on is to rent one and try it out. I really wanted the Hellcat until I shot it. After a few rounds with the Hellcat I started to feel what I call the Glock sting. A sting from the web of my hand down to the palm. The P365 has a much softer recoil to me. I never felt the Glock recoil sting with the 365.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sounds like a quite fantastic pistol.

Pics?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:
quote:

3) It has the kind of name that will get you made fun of when mentioned in the company of adults

Maybe that's the case in gun circles (I, too, am a P365 guy), but I have found the opposite to be the case with car guys. Here's MY Hellcat:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And to the OP, congrats on your purchase! Good choice!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:
quote:

Maybe that's the case in gun circles (I, too, am a P365 guy), but I have found the opposite to be the case with car guys. Here's MY Hellcat:

Frank

Yeah... The Dodge gets a pass on the name. I muat say though, I prefer the name on my GT. Regardless, your car is a beast and a half. Sweet ride man!

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah... The Dodge gets a pass on the name. I muat say though, I prefer the name on my GT. Regardless, your car is a beast and a half. Sweet ride man!

Thanks!

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post