SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking at my first HK, which one for my Hybrid suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at my first HK, which one for my Hybrid suppressor Login/Join 
posted
I'am looking to buy a HK in 45 for use with my Silencerco hybrid. Must have a TB. What do you have and like/do not like.
I have smaller hands so I was looking at the HK USP compact tactical.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
It’s very subjective as I know others feel the opposite, but I’m a big fan of the HK45 over the USP. It suppresses very well and balances great with a can on the end. Plus, it feels slightly better than a 2x4 in the hand, which I can’t say about the USP. I don’t have enough time with the USP Compact or HK45c to have an opinion either way.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I like the USP 45CT. I ended up with two of them. If you can find someone that has it in stock so you can see if it fits your hand. I don't have monster hands but not small. I like the way it feels.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard part has been trying to find one in stock.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/hk45-tactical/

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I shot a USP 45T the other day. Highly impressed with it. A USP 45CT would be my suggestion.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
USP45 Tac is a GREAT suppressor host. Every one I have shot has been a laser beam.

I use my HK45C as a host, it's great. But I general centerfire pistol suppressed kind of sucks.

The gun gets too big and unwieldy, so I usually just shoot 22LR pistol suppressed. Quieter and cheaper. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Not exactly relevant - I have P30SK, which works great, when I shoot it. Feels a bit off to me when I pick it up, but works fine.

I shot a 45 USP compact, thinking I would like it, and it felt like trying to hold a bar of soap - somehow I just couldn't get a good grip*.

*I'm a broke-down old jock, who's broken his hands many times, and has limited feeling in a few fingers, so I might struggle a bit more than some w. holding onto some shapes more than others.

Posts: 5726 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK45CT

Have one and love it. It's been shot a ton and lubed once (barrel only), but never cleaned. Just keeps going. The shorter slide helps balance it a little. I swapped to a set of Heinie suppressor sights.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I shot a 45 USP compact, thinking I would like it, and it felt like trying to hold a bar of soap - somehow I just couldn't get a good grip*.

My HK45c has a threaded barrel. I plan to put a can on it. As for the quoted section here included, I too have numb hands and fingers, not a jock though, and I too have a USPc45, I solved the soap problem with Talon Grips. It’s like having a new and different gun. Try it on yours.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The compacts are more favored for size/etc, but there's something about shooting the beast of a MK23 with a can on the end. Classic and wicked fun to shoot!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am a USP fan.
So whichever size fits you best. Or say screw it and get a MK 23 because it is likely the greatest .44 host of all time.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I have the HK 45C with threaded barrel. I will be using this as a host for suppression. I believe this pistol is one used by the SEALS. It shoots very well, especially after an action and trigger job by Lazy Wolf.

Here is some good info.

https://www.tactical-life.com/.../hk45c-us-navy-seal/

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help and replies. Check a local shop, HK dealer, today and they found a HK45 compact tactical. His distributor had just received 10 in stock. I was lucky, told they do not last long.
Will be here next week.
I got it for $799 plus tax.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bearstarr:
Thanks for all the help and replies. Check a local shop, HK dealer, today and they found a HK45 compact tactical. His distributor had just received 10 in stock. I was lucky, told they do not last long.
Will be here next week.
I got it for $799 plus tax.

Glad you found what you were looking for.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post