SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo 1T now available on Sig's website updated with pics and initial impressions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo 1T now available on Sig's website updated with pics and initial impressions Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
FYI, the Romeo 1T is now available on Sig's website. $300.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: esdunbar,

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The black 3 MOA model is now showing out of stock. They still have the black and the brown 6 MOA models available for shipping.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post

The first thing I noticed about the Romeo 1T is the tint. As you can see via the tactical paper towel in the background, the 1T has a very noticeable tint to it. It’s so much that it makes the RMR seem mild in comparison (on the left) and obviously the perfectly clear Deltpoint Pro (right) has no tint.

As with most tints on red dots, I doubt I’ll notice it when shooting, but it’s pretty darn noticeable and is an immediate strike against it imo.

These last two pics are attempting to give an idea between the height differences between the RMR, T1 and DPP. Obviously the DPP is a tall red dot. It’s the only thing I wish I could change about it actually. The T1 is just enough lower to feel smaller, but still big enough to give a much larger window that the RMR. Size wise, I really like the T1.

The body of the T1 is almost exactly the same width as the DPP, but when you install the shroud (as I did) the T1 is wider. It’s simply that the shroud is wider than the shroud on the DPP even though the sights themselves are basically the same width. I’m not really sure this will matter for CCW, but it is definitely wider.

The buttons for adjusting the brightness are very tactile and you know when you click them. It was waiting for me when I got home from work, so I haven’t been able to shoot it yet, I’m just sharing my initial impressions for others. It seems like a nice enough red dot, but I look forward to seeing Sage Dynamics beat on one. I am especially curious to see how it does when it gets dropped on concrete. Hope this was somewhat helpful for anyone considering one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: esdunbar,